So is my GPU dying or what?

sixer9682

Getting weird artifacts, and every time I've had this happen before the gpu is getting ready to die. Let me know what you think. I haven't changed any vid settings in game or drivers but this began tonight.
bf4 2014-10-28 21-14-20-26.jpg

bf4 2014-10-28 21-18-35-63.jpg

bf4 2014-10-28 21-18-06-60.jpg

Not a good sign that's for sure. Drivers can cause this sort of thing but if nothings changed then... If play with the clock speeds drop both the GPU and memory. If it goes away its a hardware problem. If it stays its inconclusive.

Have you done any temperature monitoring on the vid card? If its running out, you could try reseating the heatsink with some new thermal paste.

Could be power related. Is it a evga card? I'd just start a ticket and make it their problem.

Sent by Tapatalk carrier pigeon via Nexus 5.

Have you done any temperature monitoring on the vid card? If its running out, you could try reseating the heatsink with some new thermal paste.

Pretty sure he has that thing on water. I'd think he would have checked it but who knows old man might have got lazy :p

Are you serious? It's water cooled, never goes above 36C. While I was playing tonight it was 32C.

Not a good sign that's for sure. Drivers can cause this sort of thing but if nothings changed then... If play with the clock speeds drop both the GPU and memory. If it goes away its a hardware problem. If it stays its inconclusive.
Yeah, did that and it went away. Fuck it, I started an RMA. Who knows, maybe they'll upgrade me to a 780TI HC since they don't even have 780HC in B stock any more.

Looks like texture tearing. Seems like the GPU might be to fast for the monitor. Try 'Vsync ON' to see if is goes away, and/or set frame rate to monitor refresh.

I had that same thing happen to me one round a few weeks ago. I have not seen it back since. I wouldn't worry about it. It sounds like you got DICED. I have 3 fans running and liquid cooled

Mine has done exactly the same thing in the last 10 days or so but only happens on Locker or Propaganda for some odd reason. Updated to 344.** and haven't had it happen in the last couple of days. My GPU is running at 74-76c.

Mine has done exactly the same thing in the last 10 days or so but only happens on Locker or Propaganda for some odd reason. Updated to 344.** and haven't had it happen in the last couple of days. My GPU is running at 74-76c.
Good to know, Red. Maybe I'll give the new drivers a whirl. Thanks.

That's how my last GPU started to go. Lots of tearing, and artifacts. Tried it in a different PC and it did the same thing. Hopefully it's just driver related or game related and not the GPU itself.

Let's h
That's how my last GPU started to go. Lots of tearing, and artifacts. Tried it in a different PC and it did the same thing. Hopefully it's just driver related or game related and not the GPU itself.
Yeah I hope you're correct. It's a pain in the behind when these thing fail; just the whole RMA process. Even though it's an EVGA and they do their best to make it painless, it's still a pain.

That's what my Nvidia 275 did when i had it. It died a week later. I am no Nvidia expert though as that card was the last I ever owned from Nvidia.

A little more detail now that I'm not on my phone. The first time it happened I'd been playing DT for a few rounds. After a few deaths I spawned into a tank at D as the gunner when it first happened. I thought the turret had stuck through a wall or building. After a few seconds I could tell it was different but when I exited the tank it went away. Later the same round it happened again while on foot but near buildings. Puzzled by all of this I restarted everything and played many more rounds without incident. Days later the same thing happened 2-3 times on the same map but afterwards played fine. I was joining Gayzor this weekend on the Locker map and there it was in full force again. Since then I have changed to the newest driver and haven't had a occurrence so far.

I've suspected for a while that my card might be the culprit in several BSOD WHEA uncorrectable errors but I've stressed the card and other components using Sandra and can't come up with anything.

100 + fps how the hell. I thought I had a decent rig with 8350 4.0 8 core and a radeon HD 7970 OC edition n 16 gig ram. sorry that was off topic but damn

A little more detail now that I'm not on my phone. The first time it happened I'd been playing DT for a few rounds. After a few deaths I spawned into a tank at D as the gunner when it first happened. I thought the turret had stuck through a wall or building. After a few seconds I could tell it was different but when I exited the tank it went away. Later the same round it happened again while on foot but near buildings. Puzzled by all of this I restarted everything and played many more rounds without incident. Days later the same thing happened 2-3 times on the same map but afterwards played fine. I was joining Gayzor this weekend on the Locker map and there it was in full force again. Since then I have changed to the newest driver and haven't had a occurrence so far.

I've suspected for a while that my card might be the culprit in several BSOD WHEA uncorrectable errors but I've stressed the card and other components using Sandra and can't come up with anything.
Same here, Red. If it continues I'll RMA. But right now testing with Unigine Heaven no tearing, no crashing, nothing.

Back