Smg Workup for you Run and gunners.

Frit0z

Let me know if you want a perks workup or any other class of weapons. Oh and to give you an idea of weapon damage vs player health.you have 100 health. stopping power increases damage by 40%. Juggernaut decreases bullet damage by 25%
Edit: In hardcore mode you can only withstand 30% of the damage as normal mode. so look at it as if you have about 30 health in hardcore

Thompson Unlocked at rank 1

1. The Thompson has the same wall penetration as rifles, which is better than the other submachine guns. It is roughly equivalent to another submachine gun with Deep Impact on.

2. It is an overall decent weapon with moderate damage and a high fire rate, not to mention the recoil is quite controllable unlike the high kick of the MP40.

3. The weapon's biggest flaw is its small magazine, which causes frequent reloading and prevents the user from "spraying and praying" as effectively. However, this can be remedied by the Round Drum attachment (Marksman III) which doubles the magazine size and starting ammo count at the cost of a longer reload.

4. The Aperture sight can be useful for long range fighting but increases the visible recoil substantially.

5. The iron sights might be difficult for first timers but when mastered can be deadly if used by more experienced players.

Call of Duty: World at War
Damage 20-40
Damage Multipliers Head: 1.4, Chest: 1, Limbs: 1
Magazine Size 20 rounds (regular magazine), 40 (large magazine)
Maximum Ammunition 180 rounds
Reload Time 2.1 s loaded, 2.7 s unloaded (regular magazine). 3.1 s loaded, 3.9 s unloaded (large magazine)
Rate of Fire 600 RPM, 800 RPM (Double Tap)
Range 750-1000 m (Regular), 350-700 (Suppressed)
Recoil Moderate
Penetration Medium
Fire Mode Automatic
Ammunition .45 ACP
Used by United States Marine Corps

MP40 Unlocked at rank 10

1. The MP40 is unlocked at level 10 and is the most powerful SMG in the game in terms of damage per round

2. Stopping Power and Steady Aim make the MP40 extremely powerful in close quarters. Its low fire rate is balanced out by a large magazine and high power

3. When coupled with Juggernaut, the user becomes very powerful in CQC. This combo is common because the MP40 is available in the early levels, as is Juggernaut.

4. It is possibly the worst SMG for long range combat as the "kick" of the recoil will deteriorate the accuracy of prolonged shooting at long range much more than other SMGs

5. In Hardcore, the MP40 with Stopping Power is a one shot kill at any range, unless the enemy is using Juggernaut or Second Chance, or the target is hit through a surface.

Damage 29-40
Magazine Size 32 rounds (regular magazine), 64 (large magazine)
Maximum Ammunition 192 rounds
Reload Time 2.3 s loaded, 2.9 s unloaded (regular magazine). 2.6 s loaded, 3.3 s unloaded
Rate of Fire 480 RPM, 548 4/7(Double Tap)
Recoil Low-Medium
Penetration Small
Fire Mode Automatic
Ammunition 9mm Parabellum
Used by German Military

Type 100 unlocked at rank 25

1. It is important to note that the Thompson has almost the exact same stats, including damage, range, rate of fire, recoil, hip accuracy, and movement speed, but the Thompson trades ammo capacity for better wall penetration.

2. The game version of the Type 100 is a well rounded weapon, with a high rate of fire, little to moderate recoil and a 30 round magazine.

3. Its iron sights can be fairly hard to see through, especially with muzzle flash while firing without a Suppressor. For this reason the Suppressor and Aperture Sight make tracking targets much easier while shooting.

Damage 20-40
Magazine Size 30 rounds (regular magazine), 60 (large magazine)
Maximum Ammunition 240 rounds
Reload Time 2.25 s loaded, 2.75 s unloaded (regular magazine). 2.6 s loaded, 3 s unloaded (large magazine)
Rate of Fire 720 RPM, 900 RPM (Double Tap)
Recoil moderate
Penetration Small
Fire Mode Automatic
Ammunition 8x22 Nambu
Used by Imperial Japanese Army

PPSH-41 Unlocked at Rank 53

1. This weapon has the highest rate of fire out of all the weapons in Call of Duty: World at War by a considerable margin

2. the PPSh-41 has extremely low damage, being the only gun that can take 3 direct hits to kill in Hardcore

3. It is also the only gun incapable of getting a one shot kill in close range in Hardcore, unless Stopping Power is used or it is a headshot.

4. Due to its high rate of fire, Stopping Power is relatively ineffective on the PPSh-41 because it only decreases the number of shots required for a kill by one or two, depending on range. Inversely, the PPSh-41 is one of the only guns in the game that becomes noticeably better when Stopping Power is used in Hardcore, which makes it a 1-2 shot kill instead of a 2-3 shot kill.

5. For PC users, Stopping Power is more effective as you kill your target about as quickly as with Double Tap with less bullets.

6. Bandolier is highly recommended because the rate of fire will exhaust ammunition quickly, even with the Round Drum attachment, and because the PPSh only starts with two magazines, unlike other SMGs which start with three.

Damage 14-22
Magazine Size 35 (regular) 70 (Drum magazine)
Maximum Ammunition 210 rounds
Reload Time 2.3 s loaded, 2.8 s unloaded (regular magazine). 2.5 s loaded, 4.1 s unloaded (large magazine)
Rate of Fire 1,050 RPM
Range 750-1000 m
Recoil Low
Penetration Small
Fire Mode Automatic
Ammunition 7.62x25mm Tokarev
Used by Soviet Armed Forces

I love those weps, only problem is lack of ammo you are given and the short clips, it really irritated me especially on the thompson. One of the reasons is difference in latency of players, in WAW higher latency players actually have the upperhand over low latency players, its the opposite in COD4 though.

[quote1253799460=sarentack]
I love those weps, only problem is lack of ammo you are given and the short clips, it really irritated me especially on the thompson. One of the reasons is difference in latency of players, in WAW higher latency players actually have the upperhand over low latency players, its the opposite in COD4 though.

[/quote1253799460]

I dissagree there because i have a low latency and i use the thompson and don't seem to have a problem.

yea me too. my ping is about mid 50's to low 60's all the time and i can dominate with a thompson unless slayer or death or gunslinger are on the other team then i just do ok.

mine usually is around 90, I think TBG server for some reason gives me the lowest ping, and I live in South Miss and the TBG servers are like in New Jersey or Connecticut or something, dont know that is.

But when I cut corners and unless the ones coming at that corner is slow in the head, I am usually going to lose that battle, and 9 times out of 10 their latency is well above mine, what happens is you shoot at them, hits are not registering for a good amount of the clip you are firing, while theirs is, but this sort of thing always happens, even when you fire into groups of people lined up, you will take out the people with similar latency or lower, but the substantial higher one aint even getting hit much if at all. It was actually worse in Beta then what it is now.

Its a stupid mechanic for this game that wasnt in COD4, in COD4 the low ping players would win the corner battles.

seriously i dont know what your talking about. ive never had problems killing anyone even that guy that runs with no animation because his lag is so bad. its an online game you should have adapted to that without even thinking. supposing your use to online fps

different FPS games has different lag due to latency depending on what software and tools the game has for lag, WAW runs some antilag shit where the higher your latency is up to a certain point (about 300) will have a better advantage, mostly because of hitbox issues.

To explain it better and do do research on this, what happens is the higher ping player shoots, and lower ping player shoots, from what I understand the server has already registered the death of the lower ping player first or some shit, so you are actually dead before you even shoot, which is the whole hitbox issues, I have to find the exact wording of that, but its something along those lines of the software put in the game which I am guessing is to combat the low ping always killing the high ping player malarky and its just made it worse at times. Its something they wanted to improve on from COD4 but it kind of backfired.

Back