Should I?

Thelus

My AsRock motherboard is crapping out on me. its no surprise after the first two were DOA when i got them. I'm looking at an Asus board ether the Sabertooth AM3+ or The ROG Crosshair V formula-z? what do you think is the better board?

Sounds like you have the same luck as I when it comes to ASRock stuff. Some people don't have issues with them. I've been using Asus boards for a few years now for quite a few builds. Not a bad one yet.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I have the Z87 version of the Sabertooth and it's flawless. Like Rain said either way you can't go wrong with Asus.

Sabertooth and don't look back.

This. I would have one if I could have afforded it with this build. I had one on my sandy bridge build and it was flawless.

Thelus, out of curiosity, which ASrock board do you have?

Sabertooth for the win.

Edit: don't get me wrong, the ROG series is damn fine but if you want a MB that is a rock, get the sabertooth. It performs well and is near bomb proof.

I say go with ASUS. I have become a lover of there products and quality. I dont have MB that is ASUS, but my Monitor, Router, and my boys tablets are ASUS.

Yeah, I've had nothing but good experiences with their products. I had an ROG MB prior to the Asus Z87 Deluxe I have now. One thing I really like about Ausus, besides build quality is the bios. I never have had an issue with a wonky bios from them. MSI and EVGA have quirky bioses from time to time which is why I don't get them any more.

I have the The ROG Crosshair V and I haven't had many issues with it. I kind of wish it had more SATA ports and more USB ports on the board but that is my biggest complaint.

I have the sabo 990FX R 2.0, and i have no problems at all. If you are not doing a crazy crazy overclock the sabo is the better value.

I am running EVGA z87 FTW. No issues and so far rock solid.

I agree on some of the EVGA bios .P67 builds were a disaster when they came out. Rumor was a few key developers had left. It seems BIOS on this board is solid.

Rumor was a few key developers had left. It seems BIOS on this board is solid.
No rumor at all, it's a fact they left and joined Sapphire. http://www.tweaktown.com/news/15558/evga_motherboard_team_jumps_to_sapphire/index.html

There were some rocky days bios wise for a while after that, which is a shame. EVGA still have some quirky bios on GPUS, particularly the classifieds on first release, but seem to get the bios issues sorted quickly these days. I still don't think their current bios team was as good as the ones who left, which were top notch.

Back