S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Actually, I think it might even work if you don't have a previous version of stalker lulz...

It should be good, but I need to play Clear Sky first... yeah.

The first one is one of the best games I've ever played. Everyone said it was so buggy it was unplayable, but I didn't find any bugs while playing o_0 (except stupid AI sometimes, but in a game of that scale, the job they did on the AI is nothing short of astounding). It never crashed either.

Admittedly, I played it like 1.5-2 years after release or something, so it had had quite a few patches.

I'm waiting for a video card which can render CS at 1920x1080 with all options on max at 45fps+ before I play it though. I believe the game deserves it, and I know I'm never going to play it again anyway probably...

There's very few, if any, other games which get the "post-apocalyptic / radiation / mutants / war" fantasy theme so well.

There was also some map design and content which was absolutely beautiful - which is something, in my opinion, that only an Eastern European / Russian developer could get "right."

There are many places throughout the game which I remember as if I were really there, and the whole thing felt like an epic, dreamlike journey with an appropriately amazing ending (although the game received a lot of flak for the ending, which "wasn't good enough"). Not good enough my ass.

In short, I loved it and thought it was a lot more involving than other games of similar genre (Fallout 3, Far Cry 2)...

Toally agree with you on that Heat, some places feel so real and shit you do feel like you've been there and a few moments in game that made me jump in my seat. Esp. at night. That game is a definitely must have/play.

Back