Rubberbanding in game

PhoenixHeart

The past 2 or 3 days I've had a serious problem with my game constantly rubberbanding (move or look somewhere, snap back to where you were). My ping will fluctuate wildly (60-500 is the normal spread), and I've not the slightest clue why... Ventrilo doesn't show any lag like that, even while playing 2142, and none of my other programs seem to have this problem - just 2142, and on every server I join. I've checked for programs running in the background, but there's nothing running that could be causing this.

Anyone else had a problem like this? I'm hoping it's just something wrong with my ISP, and it'll be fixed in a few days, but since my other programs don't apepar to suffer from it (although most of them can't show it very well) that it'll be fixed in time...

Sadly, while this is happening, 2142 is completely unplayable :(

*EDIT* Actually, now that I'm watching for it, it most certainly is not limited to 2142, so I think it's my ISP, as I've reset my modem/router several times already, to no effect.

Try doing a tracert to a server and see if there is a bad hop somewhere along the way. I had a bad one the other night and my ping which is normally less than 20 was about 220.

Back