[RSI] Star Citizen - 66 million & Multi Crew Ship Systems

Ghstops6

Admin
Admin
Letter from the Chairman: Multi-Crew Ship Systems

So not only did Star Citizen reach 66 million in funding, but also unlocked 2 stretch goals:

Pets for our crew - just like WoW but maybe more functionality

Enhanced Ship Modularity - being able to take full advantage of the ships modular systems in game. Examples given are being a bounty hunter and swapping out your cargo bay for a stasis chamber or installing a custom comm suite to keep tabs on markets or info while in deep space.

But the biggest items is the Multi-Crew Ship Systems. Having a capital ship myself, I have to have a crew of 5 in order to use the ship to the full potential. The article covers some of potential setups for different ships:

Freelancer-Crew-Station-Pre-Vis.png

Such as the Freelancer ops stations

OR

Engineering-Station-Pre-Vis.png

Engineering stations for diagnostics / repair. The post itself has tons more info. It seems more and more likely the game is shaping up for some awesome greatness.

Is there a good place to read up on/figure out what this game is all about? Like where to start? I don't even know what genre it is...it seems like Eve Online maybe? Sorry for my ignorance, but this seems pretty interesting. Thanks in advance.

So you mean I can have the cat from Alien in my starship?

10/10 Will Someday Try

6skrce8.png

Jonesy is my Hero.

And still no sim!

Maliksky, the game is in development and there are two sims out right now in Alpha: Arena Commander and the Hanger module. A third Alpha module will come about in Q1 of 2015 along with updates on the others. You should really read the material before replying back with one-liners.

Is there a good place to read up on/figure out what this game is all about? Like where to start? I don't even know what genre it is...it seems like Eve Online maybe? Sorry for my ignorance, but this seems pretty interesting. Thanks in advance.

Zappy, I would start here: Star Citizen - About The Game as it starts off with a video of Chris Roberts and his proposal/vision of the game itself. There's also some YouTube series such as 'Around the Verse' and '10 for the chairman' that talks about the behind the scenes of the development and where the current progress of the modules. Avery, BOT and I are also good resources to talk to about the game so hit me up with a PM or TS.

In all honesty, there is an MMO feel to it but it's definitely more of a flight sim. But once it's fleshed out, we will be able to tell what genres this game will cover.

Back