Riser cables are a serious problem with AMD Ryzen cpus and motherboards

RainMotorsports

Leadership
Leadership
I got a gen4 riser cable that, thankfully, detects the gpu on "auto" settings. I was finally able to update the bios and get all the memory working at XMP rated speeds and timings. I also installed the single 12pin PSU cable I got from EVGA for the 3080FE. FINALLY everything is humming along and working wonderfully.

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/18849472

View attachment 17434
I'm surprised you sprung for it. I've been back and forth myself on the vertical mount. My current case has a double slot but this wasn't supposed to be a water cooled build. The case I'm building custom would benefit more from the asthetics but the backplanes vertical slot is a single so more modding would be needed.

sixer9682

Admin
Admin
Donator
I'm surprised you sprung for it. I've been back and forth myself on the vertical mount. My current case has a double slot but this wasn't supposed to be a water cooled build. The case I'm building custom would benefit more from the asthetics but the backplanes vertical slot is a single so more modding would be needed.
I had an amazon gift card that was about to expire, otherwise I wouldn't have spent cash on it. I wasn't really expecting it to work but I'm glad it did.