Status
Not open for further replies.

mop

User name: mop

What is your in-game alias? lImopIl

What is the game server name? # # CONQUEST ALL MAPS | TBGCLAN.COM | NO LAG

Which Game is this for? BF3

Date and time approximately: 12.01.21 4pm pts ,18.12.2020 9am pts

Which player are you reporting? MikeCommanderX (https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/MikeCommanderX/) and Chack_Marksman

Offense committed: Speed hacking

Please provide evidence can be anything from circumstantial stuff like screenshots, links to stat pages etc. or hard evidence like Videos.

Any additional comments? YT is full of demonstrations on how to spot this. eg:
Compare to
^ the latter is from the (former?) best pilot in the world.

A speed hack works by holding the brake constantly, and bursting the after burner to compensate to keep speed around 310-313. You'll very rarely see a pilot burst on the downward loop, but hackers often do because the bot is maintaining the speed (and an air brake is stronger than gravity effect in this game). The pattern of burst is a dead giveaway.
Circumstantial: For Mike, he went 1:12 over a whole game and ran heat seekers but could loop with pilots with 2k+hrs (he has under 10hrs). Generally they can hold a loop, but know 0 DF manouvers. This was the case with both.

I think the indicator is definitely the flashing afterburner while descending. No pilot that knows what they're doing does that. These types of cheating programs have been caught before. Found some precedence after a quick search.

I haven't flown in BF3 much at all, but I know the mechanics are very similar to those of BF4. Given my experience, the following clips are especially suspect.

0:08 - 0:10 flashing afterburner while horizontal/descending (signs of computer-controlled speed)
0:55 - 0:57 same thing
1:58 - 2:05 Hard to see, but one of the stronger examples. Horizontal flying while shooting and afterburners are still flashing.
2:56 - 2:58 Descending and flashing
3:21 - 3:45 is a nice clip. some mixed ascending and descending but the same flashing throughout

Given those clips, I would ere on the side of issuing a ban.

From the previous report linked above, @Irishian88J has seen something like this before. I also know @FuBaNaToR flies quite a bit and has way more hours than me. If you guys also want to weigh in?

Last edited:
Reactions: mop
I use joystick with auto throttle off, I kick in my after burners alot on decending because i brake hard for a Dillion or maverick move, or i have my throttle at 70% to lock my speed in and use after burners to keep speed at 300-315 in tight turns . I cant see anything that says cheat. I can fire my guns and use after burners at the same time with joystick... cant see doing that using kb/m , if he is flying with kb/m , then ya it looks fishy, but if he is using a joystick he is just good... if you would like to compare flying look at my youtube page Fubanator https://www.youtube.com/user/generalfufar/videos i have a lot of bf3 video. just my 2cents input.. Speed cheats are hard to prove. would like to know if he is using kb/m or joystick

Last edited:
After review I am going to have to agree with Fubanator. We have banned for this once in the past and it was obvious as his exhaust was constantly flaring even when in a straight line, which didn't make a lot of sense. From what I can see on the video it is only flaring during evasive maneuvers, which aligns with much of Fubanators gameplay footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back