Question

Unknnnnn

BANNED
BANNED
okay I've noticed that some assault people run around with Krylov, instead of the unlockable weapons, like voss lar.

I haven't tried playing with krylov (except when I was starting out the game)

But I was wondering is Krylov (eu assault default weapon) better than Voss lar?..

Probably something I should try for myself.

Also I was wondering how do you do that shot with a gunship when missile comes out and you get to control it?

Thanks!

The Unlockable weapons like the Baur-HR and the Voss-LAR have both have their own unique properties, the Voss has a high ammo capacity and has been said to "glitch headshots " which is not fact, the the shot group during rapid fire with the voss is decent, but doesnt offer a long range style wepon, its designed for more an intermeadate distance fighting style.

the Baur, is more suited for long range to intermediate range on SINGLE FIRE action only, because the bullet casing is bigger than that of a normal assualt rifle it has a larger kick, and recoil, thus having the same sight picture is very difficult. but can kill people with one shot to the head.

The Krylov and the SCAR 11 are great, simply because once you get the jist of "game mechanics" and "virtual marksmanship" they offer 90% of the power of the unlockable wepons with better balance and accuracy.

for me the Krylov and the SCAR can be just as deadly as the Unlockable weapons, except you have to know how to use them properly in the correct situations, and against the right skill level of enemy.

the weapon you use is only as effective as the person pulling the trigger. don't let people tell you that one weapon sucks lol, tell that to all the people that got shot by it.

and as far as "the gunship missile" goes you switch seats in the gunship and then shoot a remote guided multi-purpose missile

thanks for a detailed answer ^^

I remember when playing with Baur I always had it on single fire and I was sniping enemies from far away.... But because I had too much experience playing crappy mmorpgs I didn't realise that weapons can be "unique" so I assumed there must be one ultimate weapon and all other that suck (lower levels of weapons).

I like the assult basic wepons because they have so little kick and fire like a smg... but their dammage is like a smg also.. but u can zoom in and have single shot.

If you have the chance ignore the baur and focus on the others

But its a good point u bring up because.. IMO the basic sniper rifles are better then the zeller .. they have more bullets and fire faster.. i can normally pick off snipers easily with the basics if they are useing zeller.. takes so long to reload

the zellar does take a long time to reload... but there is a good rule of thumb that you should always shoot when you have the perfect shot. always a head shot. if you miss they may spot you and then you'll have to move. i like the baur - when i am in the titan. I hit enemy wiith AR-Rockets - cover entry to the vents with regular bullets. If i am zoomed in i kill instantly. I can throw down a med hub and revive if needed. Great weapon! Great kit. I didn't unlock the voss. I picked up the kit and didn't like how "thin/weak" the firing was... so i decided against unlocking that til the end.

once you are used to firing the buar though it is hard to go back. i also found my voss accuracy went way up once i had used the buar a bit. hard to beat the damage and bursts of 1-3 rounds are sweet.

Voss all the way; if I cannot kill someone with it I turn off my computer. A good clip I can kill 3 people, mostly 2. 3-5 shot burst works the best. Usually, I aim just below the neck, the last shot is the dome hit. If you don't know but there is a setting in the HUD you change change to give you a little advantage(PM if you don't know). I thik the most of the guns have too much recoil, which usually gets you killed.

I am buar almost all the time. I usually use the single shot for longer distances and get a head shot in first. In close combat - i start at the chest and let the recoil aim for the head - usually 3 shots takes them down. Good in close combat too - the bullets stop the enemy pretty good.

Stopping power is why the US army is considering upgrading the m4s with larger bullets (5.56 is tiny for those who don't know) they hope the bullet will still tumble, and yet it is bigger = more powa. i believe they have to replace the whole upper reciever though (top part + barrel). anyway Baur FTW

[quote1228762812=Diry-Lex]
the Baur, is more suited for long range to intermediate range on SINGLE FIRE action only, because the bullet casing is bigger than that of a normal assualt rifle it has a larger kick, and recoil, thus having the same sight picture is very difficult. but can kill people with one shot to the head.
[/quote1228762812]

I used to use it a lot - and I used single fire almost exclusively, even in close-range (unless I was like in an "around the corner" situation). I don't think it kills people with a headshot though. It takes off more than 50% I think, so it's 2 headshots or a headshot + 2 body shots I think for death... I think it's like 5 shots to the body for a kill from full health if I remember correctly...

It's fun to "snipe" with sometimes and pick off people :-D

Sorry I was away for a while ^^

nice discussion you have here :D

Anyways I find the EU krylov really good, cos I mostly play in tight spaces in camp gibralter and the situation "around the corner" is common, so I stick to either voss-lar or krylov

(basically whenever I play as PAC it's voss lar and when I play for EU it's krylov)

I really love maps with 64/64.... I never ever play on a server with less than 20 people.
(just feel more comfortable when people get killed all around me haha)

So Voss lar and krylov doing a great job for me.

Krylov is the shit, very little recoil and is excellent from the hip. Voss carries 802358712389 bullets per clip, but isn't as accurate as the Krylov IMO.

Back