Price appraisal on my rig?

bot102

Thinking of selling my rig to get a custom gaming laptop since I have little room in my barracks for a rig. A laptop would be easier to move around and lock up in a cabinet.

Surely for the fact that some dumb ass lance corporal doesn't come in, see my rig, think it is expensive, and decide to break it to fuck with me.

Here is a link to my rigs parts, the only think is my RAM are red not blue, but still the same model #. Everything in my rig is under 6 months old. Except the PSU and RAM, which are about 8 months old. I may swap out the PSU here in a few weeks.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pkgHLk

I have to take pictures, will upload them in a bit since this hotels internet is so shitty.

Remember when looking at laptops the GPUs are one down from their number and then some for example the old gtx 670M was basically and under clocked 660.

Your likely to be 1500 in if you want something that can play a new game 2 years from now. 1000 is usually the entry fee otherwise. Probably have good luck getting your moneys worth out of an MSI or ASUS. Also worth looking at rebranded Sagers from places like ibuypower. Stay the hell away from HP, last I checked they don't even sell good GPUs. Dell and Alienware tend to be overpriced especially if you deviate from a prebuilt config.

It's hard to say honestly. You're going to take a big hit in reselling anything. Similar to my situation, to give you an idea say my 4790k was $340ish I would ask like $200-$225. Just an example. Fact is if you're not selling it for a good price, someone is just going to spend the extra $50 or w/e and purchase it brand new on their own. Just my opinion hopefully it gives you kind of an idea of what to do.

If I was to ever consider a gaming laptop, something like that Asus is what I would look for. No BS. No overprice Alienware garbage. Just a clean looking gaming laptop that doesn't require a second mortgage.

IMG_20150307_084543709 (1).jpg
IMG_20150307_084530853_HDR (1).jpg

The question is; where are you selling it? To a friend or someone you know well or on Ebay, or an ad in craigslist, etc. ? I'd throw it up on Ebay for $1500 and see what you get. If it doesn't sell, drop the price 20% and do it again.

Asus or MSI, MSI probably is a better laptop for hardware. The only thing you can upgrade on a laptop is memory or HDD/SSD; so if you plan on gaming go big or your really going to be disappointed in a couple years. If it's going to be something that your going to lug around all the time go with 15.3" or if stationary go with a 17" or bigger. I have a ROG 17" and that is a bitch to lug through the airport every week.

Like sixer said $1500 if not then drop, sometimes it takes trial and error. To many people sit on the fence until something is gone then they freak out about it.

If your selling as a whole Id try $1100-1200 shipped but Id drop the mouse, keyboard and monitor from the list just to ease on shipping. Also shipping costs will be a pain since ups estimates just case, not including parts, actual size of box used to ship and packing materials will come to $75 from east to west coast. I know you might not be shipping from coast to coast but thats how I figure what money I need to set aside for shipping.

Now if your parting you will have to look at it like what parts are more popular and will move faster and what parts will sit on your shelf because your price is to much so you have to be more competitive.

Below are my prices if you were to part out and resell, reference and recent sold sales on ebay. Remember prices will vary if you sell locally to someone that doesnt watch prices or buy things online. Best buy inflates their prices to make money. Parting out brings in about $900 not including shipping costs and ebay/paypal fees

CPU
ebay shows many welling for ~$280, I would list for $260 +ship

COOLER
depending if you have original fans, box, accessories Id say $65+ship

MB
being this is a newish socket you could try $70+ship

RAM
this will sell quick at a $45+ship price

SSD
120gb isnt much and people want larger drives, Id try $60 shipped.

HDD
Honestly Im not a fan of selling used hdd but Ill just say I picked up this exact hdd on newegg for $65 and a free Dead Rising 3 key. I would look at converting into a external hdd. BUT if you did sell $40 shipped

GPU
A lot of sales on ebay at $300 mark so depending where you sell Id try $275 shipped just to make it more tempting.

CASE
At shipping costs Id try for $40+ship.

PSU
Your looking at $15+shipping.

OS
Technically not supposed to resell software so Ill leave this alone

Back