Offense:
possible gun hack

Evidence: none

Comments: during the game i met this player at the Square in Karkland and he
killed me with the G36C but his gun didnt sound right. After a teammate killed
them i picked up their kit and picked up a standard spec ops gun for MEC not
the G36C
</pre>

weird never heard of a gunhack before. Could be a bug? Maybe you could take a footage?

You can do this with xfire or fraps

I'll go back into the server and try to take a vid

however hes not currently in the server ill check to find him when i can and take a vid if this happens again

Gun bugs are rare but common. In fact there is a video on my x-fire account where a player shoots a weapon but kills are registered as different. ( willing accomplice )

That is also why some people got banned on other servers, when the admin thought that they had macros running a full blast M16 - the weapon was in fact the L85A1. As a note the glitch is on the viewer side not the player. So he cannot do nothing about it.
Disconnect and reconnect problem solved.

Also, this is common sense, hacks are not "portable" - i.e. if somebody hacks and you pick up his weapon the hacks do not transfer to you.

Thx for reporting and see ya on the field!

This is the video. You can clearly see a M16 in his hands. Now look at the actual kill weapon (willing_accomplice [G3] Hydro_22) at about 30 sec into the video - it's a G3.

So basically he has a G3 but to anybody else it looks like a M16. If you were to pick up his kit it would also be a G3.

<object width="425" height="305"><embed src="http://media.xfire.com/swf/embedplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="305" flashvars="videoid=3d99c4"></embed></object>

Back