[poll] sniping

Tricksy-Hobbit

i am thinking of starting to snipe in 2142 any got anytips such as where to shoot a running target where to stay when sniping and stuff like that much appreciated )

I usually do headshots if at all possible. If you dont kill them the first time - they'll likely try to find out where you are. Its easier to find you if you didn't die from the first bullet too.

Sniping is tons of fun.

As far as tips.... IDK. It depends on ping a lot. Just play a lot and you'll learn where to aim. Usually it's very hard to pull off lateral shots (where the target is running perpendicular to you), but it's not impossible and it's usually very satisfying. I aim just a bit ahead of them usually to compensate for bullet travel and lag... it works alright.

I really don't like the Zeller though. You get 3 shots only, and it still takes 2 shots to kill non-headshots, so personally I prefer the Moretti / Park. The only problem with them is that sometimes (rarely, but it happens) they don't kill with a headshot - and sometimes they take THREE shots to the torso to kill, especially when further away. But you learn to live with it considering the clip size which beats the Zeller anyday imo. I really didn't like the sights for the Park at first, but I got used to them. Still, I think the Moretti might be a lil' better. I do like the sexy sound of the Park though.

It's a nice change of pace to do something else in 2142 than what you usually do (even if you suck at it at first) so you should have tons of fun.

Yeah it's too bad it comes with the team though.

I prefer the Talon too lol... but you just gotta play with the other one when you're on PAC.

I like the zeller, takes an armoured person down to 21% and unarmoured dead. headshot always kills, you can set off motion mines, emp mines, rdx and apms, single shot takes out a sentry. etc, my tips for sniping are to go where they don't expect a sniper, move with a squad and kill the lil bastards that hide in cover/on towers. When defending a titan set out apms and hide in the back, even if they crouch, you can just shoot your apm and kill the guys in front of it.

Back