Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Yes, Minor issues

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No, not having any lag issues.

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CorkyD

I know there are many polls around for this topic already, but I trust you guys more than other communities I am involved in. If you own the game, please vote in the poll. Thanks!

im actually not having any issues anymore. i mostly play on Aura's server and it seems to run fine.

i did do the cl_maxpackets 100 thing and gameservers changed the maxrate on the servers to 25000. auras server last night was running perfect.

gameplay is good. its run off the cod waw engine just heavily modified. so it will have that familiar cod 5 feel. as far as perks they took out all the lame ones and kept the good ones and also took some of the ones from mw2. the purchase system is really cool. not to hard but not to easy to make money. each class of weapons has its own classified weapon that you need to buy all others to get. currently i have the shotgun, sniper, pistol ones. the shotgun is badass because you can dual wield it. the sniper is well its a sniper. 1 shot kill with it as far as i have noticed. the pistol is cool because you can make it full auto.

Issues are down to minor ones now. Our UK server, I get absolutely no problems on, the USA one well, ping is a lot higher but just one or two lag spikes, nothing to worry about. Got some tweaks here if anyone is interested, we reckon they work:

You will need to locate the config_mp.cfg file and open it in Wordpad.

Find your Steam folder > steamapps > common > callofdutyblackops > players

Change the following to:

seta cl_maxpackets "100"

seta snaps "30"

seta com_maxfps "100" (still experimenting with this one) but pointless putting it any higher than your monitor refresh rate anyway cos that's all your eyes will see ;) Remember, you're looking for a stable uniform fps, you don't want to be all over the place. I've capped mine at 75, but it stays at 75.

seta clanName "" ... You can place certain special characters in here, for example in game, I can only have 6S but if I place it here, I can have =6S=

"seta r_multiGpu to 0 if you have one gfx card, or 1 if you have SLI/Crossfire

"seta r_multithreaded_device" to 1 if you have a multi core CPU

As FritOz has already mentioned, upping the maxrate server side from 5k to 25k really seemed to yield the best results.

Treyarch are also fixing favourites over the next few hours. I'm sure you've all spotted the obvious ;)

i just refreshed the server browser and had it display almost all 8000 ranked servers at once. i was finally able to get the TBG servers added to my favs :D

Back