[BF4] Ping Explained Battle(non)sense

Here is where I stop listening to his battlenonsense. When he starts to tell you the reason for the additional server side check is to make sure the client could have dealt that much damage. If the server side check actually did this then damage mods wouldn't work. Therefor we know thats not how the system works :p If the server knows the bullet hit the arm from X weapon does a maximum of 20% damage and accepts a kill shot... somethings wrong lol.

If you have been playing long enough we all know Client side hit detection is good for hacks and high ping, server side hit detection is better in low ping but historically doesn't do all that much to prevent hacks anyways.

He does provide some good testing on the server fps versus tickrate.

Last edited:
Cant wait to watch this at home with volume. (at work and can't hear it)

As of now my stance is this: No Possible fvcking way in hell, High ping has an advantage.
Unless the high pinger is sooo far behind, that on my screen, he is jerky and teleporting looking to me, then that would be an advantage since I cant physically aim at a guy very well that is warping and ice skating.

If there are 2 players on a server and i have 1 SECOND of ping (1000ms), and you are on the moon with 59 SECONDS of ping (59000 ping for example)....you and I are eternaly always seperated by 1 minute...no matter what.
If I move, you see it 60 seconds later.. if you move, i see it 60 seconds later.
We are at equlibrium... Like talking on a cell phone to another person feels natural, unless you are in the same room (which represent the server), and then you both become VERY aware, that the cell phone conversation, is lagging behind reality.

There is nothing the server can do, to make you on the moon, be faster than 59 seconds of ping. All it CAN do, is reward you with hits. Because on your screen, you headshotted me, when in reality, i was not even there anymore, so from my point of view, I just got 'shot around the corner' or i.e. YOU are hacking, there is NO way you could have seen me.. etc.

And on and on goes the cry of the one who died, when you should be focusing on KILLING all targets, before they kill you, the server WILL reward the one with the best aim..always.

Last edited:
It gets better- See what your average reaction time is here.

Doing the test below, will REALLY put into perspective how minuscule the difference between your 72 ping, and UNPI-48's 165 ping really is.
It's laughable once you feel it.
http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

Chances are your reaction time average is around 200ms.

Chances are this is at least FIVE TIMES slower, than your 50 ping. (for example)

Givin that the 'ping' from my eyes to my own hands is around 200ms, my 72 ping on a TBG server, hardly is an issue.
Ping aint the problem....sucking at video games and accepting somebody is better than us, is usually the problem.

UY01o0n.jpg

Last edited:
That video is EPIC in everything it explains.
Much more complex then I once thought.

Great video - fell asleep @ 5:49 min

Is there a dumbed down version that i can listen to whilst sleeping?

-Pimp

Back