what do they mean

Attachments

• bf4 perf icons 1.jpg
    bf4 perf icons 1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 31
  • bf4 perf icons 2.jpg
    bf4 perf icons 2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 25
Exactly what I was referring in your other post. Middle and the right ones means the problem lies on your end. The left one means server. You see the middle icon or right icon come up it's your PC not able to handle it.

The only one I remember seeing is the Orange Packet loss, and that was only a couple of times, maybe a couple of months ago, relative to one of their patches no doubt, don't remember.
Packet loss would refer to the Internet connection, I have 24 hops, so it has nothing to do with my computer. Plus their game net code could cause packet loss.

If you look at my specs I cannot imagine that I have any weak components, other than my trigger finger.
I know other players have seen some of those icons as well. Those displays seem to come and go, they are not constant.
Knowing how DICE codes I doubt that they are even accurate.

I have spent a little time on a couple of other servers and experienced no problems.
So maybe it's the number of hops, or the line coming from the server that gets hit real hard.

I know others have used the terms; lag, jitter, hesitation, rubber banding, stutter, and so on.
For these symptoms being intermittent, to me, proves that it is not my computer, but is due to other conditions.

What we could do is have a test night, couple of hours, where we could be the only ones on the server and set it to 120 htz with no high pingers.
I would be interesting to see if anyone sees any of those icons.

Anyway I thought some people would be interested in what the icons are supposed to mean. Oh well, DICE makes for a great conversation.

I was wondering what these were meaning thanks. I actually just started seeing since the hz change on servers,

I get all them on a regular basis. I'm bumping up against my connection and my processor is running 100% memory is max'ed to. It sucks being on the bottom on the computer shit pile. .

since the higher Hz I been getting all the packet loss ping spike icons however everything runs smooth and my ping averages 30 yet I rubber band all over our servers. and yes just ours I can go play on others don't have the issue and if I do its very rare OP locker within 30 seconds im all over ppl just running man then gone yeah sucks

Back