PCI 3.0-finally!

sixer9682

It looks like the new standard will be out soon which is great, except of course that means upgrades for motherboards and GPUs for the latest and greatest.

PCI-Express 3.0 standard announced

Backwards compatible with PCIe 1.x and PCIe 2.x Industry consortium PCI-SIG has published interface specifications of the latest PCI-Express 3.0.

The body, which overlooks the development and management based on the PCI bus data transfer standard, has made the new standard is backward
compatible with PCIe 1.x and PCIe 2.x. It has also included a measure of the number of transactions carried out by sending data at 8 GT/s, and the interface bandwidth is nearly 32 GB/s x16 configuration.

PCI-Express 3.0 runs the encryption scheme 128b/130b, which it claims can provide almost one hundred percent efficiency. There are also improvements in areas such as mechanisms for dynamically adjusting power consumption, the notification of admission for latency, scalability, and architecture. Specification of PCI-Express Base 3.0 is now available for members of the PCI-SIG, which include companies AMD, Dell, HP, IBM, Intel, LSI,
NVIDIA, and Oracle.

We are expecting first products to support PCIe 3.0 interface should appear around 2011.

PCI-Express 3.0 standard announced

Yeah Balls I seen that a week ago at Engadget and I thought the same thing. I'll probably wait for the second or third gen boards so they work out the kinks on others first.

Shit, I was looking for a new motherboard already so I guess I'll wait for the 3.0 spec generation of MBs to come out before getting anything. Besides, it won't be difficult for the GPUs to match the new standard, but still that's another upgrade right there. Anybody interested in a 5970? lol

Not even the fastest dual-gpu card can come close to saturating the bandwidth of PCI-e 2.0.....why do we need this again?

It will literally mean that no performance gains will come from this for a while. Even with a super new mobo with 3.0 and NEXT YEARS hot card, you would get the same performance from a 2.0 slot.

It will literally mean that no performance gains will come from this for a while. Even with a super new mobo with 3.0 and NEXT YEARS hot card, you would get the same performance from a 2.0 slot.

Yeah, everybody said the same shit when we went from 1.0 to 2.0 and still there were at least 15-20% gains. I don't care, I was going to upgrade anyway so this is just a little bonus as far as I'm concerned. That's right...fuck you all! lol

Yeah, everybody said the same shit when we went from 1.0 to 2.0 and still there were at least 15-20% gains. I don't care, I was going to upgrade anyway so this is just a little bonus as far as I'm concerned. That's right...fuck you all! lol

Fair enough, Six. You just make sure to PM me when you get that new 3.0 card, and I will offer away on your old shit, lol. :p

Not even the fastest dual-gpu card can come close to saturating the bandwidth of PCI-e 2.0.....why do we need this again?

Look at how they started marrying different chips together though in the last couple years. Bigger pipeline means better physx chips onboard the video cards. And if there's one thing that slows down games it too many particles in motion.

Looks like it wont be comin out till prolly rhe second half of next year. It was just the standard that was released.

Back