Packet Loss Issue On karkand Server

shockwave

At first I thought it was on my end and I am not sure why but it looks as if quite a few players are getting kicked from the karkand server for packet loss. I don't know if this is a EA issue or if the problem is with the game server itself?

What is your ping while in game before this starts to happen?

What is your ping while in game before this starts to happen?

My ping is 34 to 44 on average but I updated PB as you suggested and I managed to play 2- rounds so far with out being kicked. I will let you know after 2 or 3 more rounds if that did indeed fix the problem.

Updated 5:12PM EST It worked I have played 6- rounds now with no kicks for packet loss.

Thanks for the assist Soulzz. :)

OK I spoke too soon a bunch of us just got kicked for excessive packet loss. :(

looking into it. PB may need to be updated on the server but that requires a restart. give me about 30 mins to figure out the best course of action. looks like this was the kick
Losing Key Packets 9014

looking into it. PB may need to be updated on the server but that requires a restart. give me about 30 mins to figure out the best course of action. looks like this was the kick
Losing Key Packets 9014

Sounds good I will let the folks on the server now know that they need to update PB and that you will be updating PB on the server in a little while.

looks like PB may need to be updated on the server
pb updated hopefully that will fix it

looks like PB may need to be updated on the server
pb updated hopefully that will fix it

Damn I know you updeated PB on the server but we are still getting kicked for "Losing Key Packets 9014"

I think the latest version of PB may have a problem. :(

thats a good possibility it has happened in the past and if this is the case a new pb update should come out soon. might want to submit a ticket to Even balance and see what they say. at least it will put a bug in their ear.

thats a good possibility it has happened in the past and if this is the case a new pb update should come out soon. might want to submit a ticket to Even balance and see what they say. at least it will put a bug in their ear.

Yea I submitted a ticket to Evenbalance about an hour ago. I hope they get this resolved b4 the weekend.

As I've said in my experience, it happens when you have too many other tasks eating runtime, or a temporary problem that resolves itself in a few hours.

Later today I will log in to BF2, and see what happens.

If you do a Google search you'll find it's happening on a lot of servers now. It has to be a bad PB update.

If you do a Google search you'll find it's happening on a lot of servers now. It has to be a bad PB update.

Unfortunately your right I tried 3- different servers this morning and the same thing happened. I opened a support ticket with Evenbalance last night but who knows when these morons will get around to fixing the problem. It's a damn shame we can't roll back to the previous version until they get this resolved. I don't like having to rejoin every time this happens but what really sucks is when it happens towards the end of the round and you lose your points because you have to wait 2- minutes before you can rejoin the server.

Evenbalance new slogan We will empty your server faster than any hacker ever could.

Punk Buster Issue Resolved

<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="COLOR: blue" bgColor=gray>01/21/2011 15:31:48 - "Hendrik T"
pblogo_small.gif
</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD style="COLOR: black" bgColor=gray>Note #3: Please try playing again.</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD style="COLOR: blue" bgColor=darkgray>01/20/2011 19:30:00 - "ShockwaveXL"</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD style="COLOR: black" bgColor=darkgray>Note #2: My full game version is 1.5.3153-802.0 I also want to add that I think it's pretty damn sad when the anti-cheat software does more to kill the server than the actual hackers do.</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD style="COLOR: blue" bgColor=gray>01/20/2011 18:10:02 - "ShockwaveXL"</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD style="COLOR: black" bgColor=gray>Note #1: Ticket submitted to support staff.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Back