Nvidia 180.43 drivers still suck my balls (aka graphical corruption with AA on?)

HeatSurge

I've recorded a couple of videos with the BF2142 corruption with the 180.43 drivers. Anyone else getting this shit?

The system is:
Opteron 170, DFI Nforce4 SLI-DR Expert mobo
2GB RAM, 9800 GTX

Windows XP SP3, fully updated.

Original resolution is 1920x1080. All driver settings are default. All video settings in-game are maxed/on, except AA is at 4x.

All drivers/chipset drivers/directx files/bioses are as current as possible.

It seems like every time I launch the game I get a different "pattern" - run the videos and you'll see what I mean... sometimes I get no pattern, i.e. it goes completely solid white inside the titan (which is weird because I remember 2 drivers ago it went black instead (wtf))...

You'll need xvid codec (or something like ffdshow or divx that can decode it) to play the videos.

Here they are:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e0aa2762d17229edd2db6fb9a8902bda

For now, I'm back to 177.92 which is the last driver version this doesn't happen with. This is NOT overclocking related (even though it seems like corrupt memory) because with earlier driver revisions it's 100% flawless.

Dude, I run Vista on those drivers, and they seem to kick ass compare to the "old" ones. I still have yet to try it on XP SP3 though, but I'd take you word for it

Back