Northern Strike Annoyance

KrisB

First off THANK YOU TBG Clan for having such a great NS server. Please keep it going. I play it when my clans servers are down.

I just want to inform your admin of an annoying pod surfer. Goes by the name of Bartoszek11L. Funny thing is he never used his surfing to gain ground to get control points. He only did it on port bavaria and seemingly to show off and spam the chat with "SEE ME" as he did and was always like 3-15 on the round but it was just plain and simple annoying which takes away from the joy and fun of the game. The sound of the pod messed up everyone's situational awareness and he would float down in front of your face while you are trying to snipe or something. Just a pain in the ass. I told him through chat and squad com that i was going to report him and he didn't think you guys would touch him (of coarse that is your decision not mine...or his) But i want to let you know because we like it when people come inform us of these things in our forums. He told me to watch his you tube video under BF2142 Pod surfing. I didn't watch it cause I really don't care and don't want to give him another hit. If you can do something about it thatd be cool. You guys have the only good NS server left. I made a donation and I will do so on a monthly basis to support that server regardless of the outcome of this complaint. Thanks again TBG

hey man, thanks for kind words. We have dedicated admins who monitor that server. We will definitely look out for this player. If you see him again and you happen to be there too, minimize your game if you can and let us know (on the forums). Response times are usually minutes away.

jumped on there but the server was empty. Thanks for helping out Kris. Get them mid game next time it will be worth it.

I was wondering if someone could help and find out why every time I try ti join your Northern strike server I get punk busted. Its the only server that gives me this issue.

Any assistance would be great.

Rampyyz

I was wondering if someone could help and find out why every time I try ti join your Northern strike server I get punk busted. Its the only server that gives me this issue.

Rampyyz

The punkbuster client should log kicks and bans against you.
You should be able to find the reason by looking at the pbcl.log file for 2142 on your system.

the file location depends on the OS but the defaults are
For XP
"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\pb\pbcl.log"

For Vista and or Windows 7
"C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BF2142\pb\pbcl.log"

GL

Rampyyz you probably should have started your own thread, but I'll see if i can get a head admin or founder to see whats up.

Rampyyz

i found the problem and fixxed it. you should be good to go within the hour.

Back