Niger isn't a racial slur, it's a country in Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

basener

I just watched some guy get auto banned for saying Niger.

The word with racial connotations is I am a spammer. Note the 2 g's.

You are playing a game,

there is no point in mentioning the country Niger unless you are intentionally trying to bypass the filter or make any racists remarks.

We do review the bans and if for some reason it was out of place it would be lifted. However most people type niger in order to bypass the filter and that doesn't fly here. Some also use it to bait people into saying nasty things.

I havent pulled the log and he said "niger" and nothing else in that particular entry assuming he said nothing before it he meant it as a racial slur.

Clever or retarded racist/ethnic group remarks are still offensive. To me, even more so than being straight out racist - because you're baiting others into it or adding insult to injury.

Either way, I'm guessing you witnessed one of the second type. The likelihood that he was mentioning the country on any of our servers is pretty low :) . I don't know the situation, and it's possible, but it's low.

We're not stupid, this isn't his middle school or 12yo friends. Shit like this might fly there, but not here.

Is this guy for real?

There is a reason why we ban the word Niger. If you want I can pm you hundreds of sentences used by people attempting to bypass using the word Niger..like serious?

Hey Basener,

The context in the racial slur ban that happened was before there was game chat about countries:

[17:30:20] Canadianelite92 > Hey admin if youre here why dont you do something about the atricous team stacking
[17:30:20] Julian-sharp > the spawn points
[17:30:22] mchiefdonnie316 > dip dip
[17:30:22] Avery78 > !rules
[17:30:23] FitKidGiI > niger
[17:30:23] [TBG BC2 Word Filter] FitKidGiI Banning for Racial Slur!! niger

[17:31:36] Canadianelite92 > Admin has teenage syndrome
[17:32:24] Canadianelite92 > The funny thing is if you go to their site and post a legitimate complaint they will tell you they can run their server however
[17:35:23] Canadianelite92 > Nigeria. Chad. You mad mods?
[17:35:36] Canadianelite92 > Angola
[17:35:47] Canadianelite92 > Zimbabwe
[17:36:56] Canadianelite92 > Zambia
[17:37:04] Canadianelite92 > Kenya
[17:37:06] Canadianelite92 > Somalia

FitKidGiI randomly said Niger and the context was not in what you presumed, on that note Geography lessons are not appropriate for Game Chat.

pretty random indeed, you tell me (basener) if that is logical...

1. It's not your server and yes we can run it as we see fit.
2. We don't like racists or assholes that try to put a cute face on it.
3. It's clearly stated in the rules when you enter the server. If you don't agree then go play somewhere else. We'll both be happier that way.
4. Defending shitheads like the aforementioned says nothing positive about you and you will get nowhere with any TBG member trying to do so.

Now you're free to disagree and that's fine but understand those are our rules. If you or your friends don't like those rules then please make the gaming experience for everyone more enjoyable by not playing in our servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back