Nice post about dealing with heat ...

damn I totally thought this was a post about how to handle @HeatSurge 's forum shenanigans and twisted shit he posts :p

I don't even need to see it. Its all common sense. Air cooling, well duh you need to move air. Water cooling, guess what you need to move? Radiators and such. Engine cooling is more interesting when you get into chemical intercooling.

However I personally don't like watercooling. I know it does work, but you need to keep a close eye on it. I do like building my own rigs but I don't want to keep having to watch for leaks or blockages. Air is a lot easier and as long as its under warranty with an OEM heatsink\fan combo that's fine for me.

I do like building my own rigs but I don't want to keep having to watch for leaks or blockages.
change your O-rings(on fittings) out once every 16-24 months, change the water every 6 months. Assemble it right, and run a leak test and you are gtg. I have had NO issues with compression fittings, thanks balls/six for the WC advice :)

as far as blockages, unless you have minnows in your resevoir, or a nasty tight bend to cause a kink, flowage shouldn't be a prollem.

change your O-rings(on fittings) out once every 16-24 months, change the water every 6 months. Assemble it right, and run a leak test and you are gtg. I have had NO issues with compression fittings, thanks balls/six for the WC advice :)

as far as blockages, unless you have minnows in your resevoir, or a nasty tight bend to cause a kink, flowage shouldn't be a prollem.

Heh. You underestimate my laziness. I sometimes don't even open my case that often and if I do its to upgrade. I built my current system three years ago. Last time I opened it from that time was to upgrade the wireless card about a month ago. I blew out the dust bunnies while I had it open.

Heh. You underestimate my laziness. I sometimes don't even open my case that often and if I do its to upgrade. I built my current system three years ago. Last time I opened it from that time was to upgrade the wireless card about a month ago. I blew out the dust bunnies while I had it open.
If I'm not upgrading anything I don't open my case but maybe once or twice a year to add more water to the reservoir so it's not exactly high maintenance.

Back