New NVidia Drivers - 182.06

Soldier4Real

New driver release today from NVidia. Who's going to be the first guinea pig?

New in Release 182.06:

* Recommended for the best experience in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin.
* Boosts performance in several 3D applications. The following are examples of improvements measured with Release 182.06 WHQL drivers vs. Release 181.22 WHQL drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
o Up to 8% performance increase in Fallout 3 at high resolution and AA.
o Up to 10% performance increase in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
o Up to 9% performance increase in Half-Life 2 at high resolution with AA.
o Up to 11% performance increase in Left 4 Dead at high resolution with AA.
o Up to 10% performance increase in Race Driver: GRID at high resolution and AA.
* Includes full support for OpenGL 3.0 on GeForce 8-series, 9-series, and 200-series GPUs.
* Automatically installs the new PhysX System Software version 9.09.0203.
* Additional information on specific bug fixes can be found in the release documentation notes.

Hopefully they've fixed the 2142 AA issue but I'm not holding my breath.

Download link:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Is it fixed or not, cuz I tried 182.02 and crap is still there

I know the last set of drivers fixed my black outs from explosions and the cloak was able to work with recon. I just tried this new set and seems to work good too. 4x in 2142 not nvidia control panel.

For me (Single GTX 260) the AA issues were fixed in 181.20 I think... they've been fine with 181.22 and 182.05 and now 182.06... Did those drivers not work for you killa?! This is weird because they work for me.

Also, the US forums are another of EA's miserable failures... bigbacon posted that thread as a courtesy follow-up to this:
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...acting-using-drivers-past-177-92-game-aa.html

Anyway, if you scroll down you'll see that I reported the AA fixed with 181.20, for me at least.

Audiosurf (if anyone has it) had EXACTLY the same problem actually... it did not go away with 181.20 so they removed the option to turn on AA in the game with an update recently!!

Back