New Guns: Ruger .357 Mag, Walther P22

amazon3d

So last week I got a Walther P22 .22 Cal Pistol and it nice and all, however, I wanted something with more umph. So I went back to my local not over priced shop and found a lightly used .357 Ruger for $425, got him to knock $28 off and got a box of .38 spc and a holster for $460 out the door. I went and shot it today and I love it, shot 12 357 Mag rounds and 24 38 Special rounds. 16/36 on target. 1 Bullseye, and a few 8/9pts @ ~30-40 ft.

i like the 22, mostly because if i had a gun i would spend a hell of a lot of time at a range, and the 357 bullets must cost a lot after a while.

When you get really serious about shooting you will buy your own re-loader and police your brass at the competition / range. In the long run its much better.

for the rifle i want to buy, i will start that right when i buy it. .338 lapua rounds cost a lot

I would never get a .338 lapua, ~$6 a shell screw that. I prefer my $0.56 Magnums over that. Hell, at least I can shoot $0.36 .38 specials with it. $2.45 per casing for those .338s, thats crazy.

I just de-primed my spent rounds. Going to save them either for key-chains or reloading. Not totally sold on the reloading deal though, much room for error. Also you really are not saving much.

Back