New Comp

Deploymentking

Apparently the POS I am currently in possession and ownership of can/will not run BF4. Any laptop suggestions from anyone would be appreciated. Brands, configs, all that. Yes I am about as close to computer illiterate as humanly possible.

Also why wont you guys accept a friend request in BF4? Here's a pic of an MVA to bribe you all.

Attachments

• IMG_3117.JPG
    IMG_3117.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 289
What's your BF4 player name?

Edit: I don't care for laptops so I don't bother with them and don't know what would run BF4 on those things.

Yeah man I know, Laptops suck. Desktops are cheaper for the same hardware, cooler, fancier, they light up like a 0400LZ. They're just mobile so they can go to work with me and go to all the lovely places we keep trying to give freedom to. MURICA!

BF4 tag is Deploymentking.

You added me. Tears of joy!

Attachments

• IMG_1566.JPG
    IMG_1566.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 283
If your going to game with BF4 your going to need some of the top hardware which is going to cost you. I used to; key word used to, game BF3; with shitty internet if you travel and shitty graphics your gaming experience is going to be one step away from suicide. Laptops with 20" screens are going to get you close but not close enough. Along with that is the weight of the computer.....heavy, real heavy to carry around. I have a Asus 17" G74, not bad but not good enough to have an enjoyable time playing BF. If you had to I would go with MSI; I think Renno rolls with a MSI and it has pretty good hardware. Your looking at around the $2000 mark if you want to roll with the big boys. The bad thing about laptops no upgrades with video card; so once have your rig your only good for a couple of years.

Deployment> Now had it been a pic of your dick, you would have yourself one new friend... xD

Honestly though there's only 100 spots in your friends list which is still shared between BF3 and BF4. =(

Yeah I know I will never be an epic god of BF. I never was with 2142 but damn it I had fun and enjoyed getting shot with Pilums and fast air raping me. Looking on Newegg I found several MSIs. Honest question though, is there a certain brand I should shoot for? MSI? ASUS ROG? Alienware? Other suggestions I don't even know about yet? Fuck you if you recommend an Apple.

Ill give you all a damn good laugh real quick. I'm currently on an HP Pavilion DV2000. *here comes the laughs* AMD E-300 @ 1.3Ghz 4G RAM with no dedicated graphics running windows 8.1. Yeah, My phone has more performance.

The 2K price tag isn't scaring me, I make decent money with 2 flight med jobs and GI bill benefits. It will suck not being able to upgrade but the last comp I blew 2.5K on lasted 8 years with no problem until some jackass fired a mortar at the hooch and riddled the damn thing. Internet isn't a problem either, at least not anymore.

Also Ill be on Teamspeak as much as possible for quicker suggestions in case any of you have them.

I apparently can build a nightmare for 5K on Alienware but I cant find anything flattering about their prices or customer service.

Not a lot of info on MSI. Also found out about Sager. Tell me if these are even acceptable options.

Attachments

• SC1.png
    SC1.png
    346.3 KB · Views: 333
If you are going to buy a laptop, you do want the best video card you can get for the money. Because you are locked into it.
870m or higher. Also, make sure you get an SSD OR make sure you buy one and put it in the laptop Stat. I wouldn't bother with anything less than 480GB, unless you know you will only have one or two games to play.

you just paying for the brand with alienware...
My buddy spent rougly 2k on his machine here, got some fancy warranty with it cuz thats how he rolls, but its worth checking out: http://www.digitalstormonline.com/ (not sure if youve checked it out or not)

Had not checked them out. Looked up the "Behemoth" and WTF! Epic but damn. Id have the best laptop known to man and the best face for teabags in BF for 5K.

they got it if you want to spend it, but they have decent shit for decent currency range

Laptops for gaming?? Ouch...been there done that. Big ol' PITA it is.

It's getting better these days though. Costs for mobile power seem to drop everyday. If it were me, and I was in the market today and didnt have 5k to drop I would probably be looking at the Cyperpower Fangbook line. The EVO HX7 has a decent entry price and will game.

I went with the Alienware 18 myself. Yes it was pricy (4k) but dual 780's in SLI and Portable! I can game at the office, or even from the in-laws, and TSA does not look at me funny for trying to bring it on the plane. It is heavy as hell, but the performance is excellent. I play BF4 with everything on as high as I can get it.
BTW I purchased as a student (yes I am almost done with my bachelors) , and even added it to my taxes (got 1k additional back because of that.)
Its the only system I game on now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231644 This has the newest Nvidia mobile solution , besides having a ssd built in already .Asus has probably the best cooling setup for their laptops . The hot air blows out the back instead of onto your lap.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152548 Msi is making a decent laptop nowadays , this is the one I'm saving up for .
Try to go here to http://www.powernotebooks.com/ look for a decent price besides getting a OEM built laptop. Most of the sights like cyberpowerpc, and digital storm they just take oem laptops without the badges and resell them using there video card/memory /HD options.

Back