"Netcode" Fix Rolling out this week

Update Details
PC
• Improved/reduced explosion induced camera shake
• Character collision improvements
• Fix to reduce object damage mismatch between client/server.
• Fix explosion packs not being able to be shot sometimes
• Improvements for client side packet loss
• Client crash fixes
• AMD Mantle multi-GPU improvements
• Carrier Assault game mode reports bug fix
• High Frequency Network update
- Added High frequency “bubble” updating player movement, stance, rotation, damage and projectiles at a separate rate on foot and in vehicles
- Added option to control client side update rate setting

There was a server update today not sure what that one was about

"On PC the RSPs are responsible for enabling the feature at their discretion, we expect most to do so as soon as possible."

Perhaps this was the same thing.

Can't wait to try it... but I've still got 20 gigs left to download on BF4 >.<

I think all of this stuff originates in the CTE doesn't it?

I hope it serves some useful purpose. The 30hz tick rate definitely makes a difference in gameplay.

Funny you should say that because I had not enabled the network smoothing and was having problems with my player freezing at odd moments. I turned it on to high and the game plays much better than it ever has, which is kind of shocking. It was actually fun to play last night right up until my game crashed with the BSOD.

Sixer, last night were you getting random frame hesitations? Thats what was happening to me when I was in Dom with you guys last night.

Also, Fast, has NFO confirmed that they have enabled the high freq network update on their side? I've been reading that the RSP's are not required to do that.

Sixer, last night were you getting random frame hesitations? Thats what was happening to me when I was in Dom with you guys last night.
That's exactly what I had until I enabled it and turned it to "high" after that no problems.

Back