need to reload 2142

Birch

Any of you diehards know the updates/patches and the order to do them? I'm pretty sure I have all the patches.

My computer has been rebooting itself in the middle of 2142 - it started happening when I would leave/join a game. Well, the last time it happened, it wiped my log in info and all my in game video/audio settings. Then when I went to join a game, the screen was cloudy with blue and red choppy lines, and the mouse pointer wouldn't move. I changed in my video settings, and even had to turn my SLI mode back on on my NVidia control panel. Nothing worked. So I guess I'll reinstall - crossing my fingers that that does it.

Just a couple of ideas

One bad video card?

PSU is going bad and not getting the power to the cards?

In any case, for reinstallation try 1.40 first and then the 1.50 incremental... I think the 1.50 full might make your northern strike not work (if you care...). I think it says "can't join because of modified content bla bla."

I can't remember exactly though, so that might not be right above... it's been a while since I've reinstalled 2142.

But red and blue lines and restarting sound like something is wrong with the video cards... or PSU... or mobo. Like somebody else said above.

sorry - nevermind - I fixed it by messing with the video settings. BUT THANKS, GUYS!!!

Back