Need some help with my everything

FearlessSoldier

Everytime I play Arma 3 every 10 sec my game freezes for 15-60 seconds then it comes to life then it does that the entire time i play the game. This is single and mulitplayer. the Single player is when im in the editor usually.

Specs:

CPU: 4790k @ 4.0
GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 770 SC
MB : Asus Z97 Mark 2

Now does internet connection have anything to do with frame loss or the game freezing up I don't have the best connection you can ask for and just can't find specific answers to that question.

I don't know how to overclock shit at all if anyone would like to show me some time that would be awesome if overclocking would help!

Thanks for everything guys.

and yes i have looked at Doc's tech thread thingy

internet connections sometimes. I used to get stutters every 3-5 minutes when I played BF2 on wireless connection back in the day. Not sure if you are Cat V/VI to router/modem, but if you are running wireless, that could be an issue. but 15-60s may be a bit above my troublelshooting capabilities.

Try disabling SLI and then see if that fixes it. Just curious to see if it is a SLI related issue.

Is this only with Arma? Do you have issues with any other game? Have you tried it with just one GPU? Have you tried turning down all your Graphics?

could it have anything to do with RAM i was watching my task manager and it said CPU around 8% then memory around 80% total usage on the very top

I used to have an issue when playing wow a few years back. Literally, at the 20 minute mark (of being logged on to a character) the game would lock up for 20-60 seconds or so. I called it my 20 minute spike and would try and log on 20 minutes before a raid because I knew it would happen, like clock work. After that 20 minute mark, things were fine though. I never pinned it on any one thing, but all anyone could ever guess was there was an issure between the RAM and the mobo. I can't say this would be your issue, but just throwing something out there, in case you have some compatible RAM to try swapping in and see if it makes and difference.

How much ram are you using and what kind of ram is it? (Link would be nice) Have you tried taking the ram out and resetting it? Does it read all the modules? Try a Memtest? Those options seem kind of off since it's only 1 game giving you these issues, but it can't hurt to try. Is everything up to date? Drivers,windows etc...

Is this a new issue? Have you changed anything lately? updated any video drivers or have them auto update? I know some people had issues with NVidias 3D settings with arma 3.

Back