NEED HELP ASAP

FaStGuNNeR904

So i just bought a new mother board(z77a-g45) and a processor. Turns out it was to big for my case.I went and bought a new one that it could fit.Transferred everything over.Booted it up and turned it off.Turned it back on and it just kept going from starting windows to another black screen that said "delete for setup menu,F11 for boot menu".It just kept repeating it over and over,going from one to the other.I was able to get into the Msi program were it has a browser on it that im using now. But i cant get to my actual desktop. I NEED HELP! I really dont know what im doing D: Help PLEASE

First of all, did you do a fresh install on you HD or SSD? If not then that's your problem. If you use the same Win install on another motherboard it causes instability and sometimes will not boot, like you have described. Usually you get this message with a failed overclock or unstable bios settings. Either way, have you set everything in the bios to default settings?

Also, what Power Supply do you have? The brand and power, and what are you running on it?

What Sixer said. When you change MOBO you almost always must do a clean installation of windows. Silly but true.
Be sure and do a backup of everything before doing a clean install (you should be doing this on a separate HD or online).

Sounds like he just plugged it in and didn't reformat. Noob :)

hope you plugged in the 8 pin

-_- ... if you have a mobo with the EXACT SAME chipset, you can expect some low chance that windows will boot. Maybe.

If you have a different chipset, just forget about it.

Download the win7 x64 retail iso on a laptop (it's freely available on torrents, and even on microsoft.com I think - unless they pulled it), burn to a DVD (or write to a flash and make it bootable), and install win7.

You can do it without formatting over your old win7 (which will be renamed to windows.old and your name.old in my documents) but I really don't recommend it. It's better to just install clean on a new PC.

Its not really a new PC. I still have then same hard drive.I just got a new case for my new motherboard. The only new thing is that and a processor

new motherboard = new windows installation =~ new PC. Most of the time.

try spamming F8 on boot up, with any luck it will allow you to enter the windows boot loader, where you can enter safe mode or do a recovery, etc.

Try that out. If you can get to it, you can likely just do a windows recovery, which would do pretty much the same as reinstalling from disk. Failing that, you can also use anyone's win 7 CD, so long as you use your license key (should be on a sticker on your computer somewhere hopefully)

Windows 7 onward they made it much easier to have hardware agnostic windows installs. I used an old win 7 install, changed mobo, CPU, video card, etc. and booted before I transferred all my files over and did a reformat. It worked great surprisingly.

In Windows XP though you'd be totally boned doing that....

Fast you did get the new ram as well right? DDR2 aka your old ram wont work with a new mobo and processor as far as I know

Yeah I mean if you really want to try to recover your existing installation, f8 is your friend... and then maybe you can do a "repair install" and hope it'll detect that the old chipset drivers are not a good idea to run anymore... :)

I think you still need the win7 DVD for a repair install or some kind of recovery though... not sure. Look at the menu and try things out :-D .

Back