My MW2 opinion

DarthDevil

so i just finish this game and i have to say : i hate game like this. i mean RAMBO game. one or two guys kill all enemys ,1000s enemys, we can send people like sope and price to wwII or to afganistan and they kill them all:)

now seriously
game is better than mw1 for me:
-more guns
-better graphics
- better IQ
-more solutions
ect. but still for me is dump:D

BTW i finish in 5h 2m 34s:D

Im waiting for BF:BC2 , im horny:D

It is definitely a dull game. I played it with my son yesterday on the 360 and got bored real quick.

It's not even worth the fucking 12GB space for 5 hours single player. Multiplayer can suck my dick on peer2peer...

Now, if they had some kind of "closed dedicated server" arrangement similar to Left 4 Dead, I'd MAYBE look for a deal on it (no more than $25). However, peer2peer is a fail of amazingly epic proportions.

Turns out that dedicated servers was built into the code but its disabled probably from an activision decision at the last minute. (benefit of the doubt for IW) theres some people reworking the game code currently to see if all the dedicated server code is still there. You can bet that some team of modders are going to release a modified mw2mp.exe or whatever its called that supports dedicated servers. Ill post more info when i get more time.

That's just pathetic.

I mean, who starts to code a dedicated server and then just quits and codes player-hosted instead?

The only sane reason that I can come up with is that they thought the console people would complain that they don't have dedicated servers...

I don't know how it's still #1 on Steam, and 72k people are playing MP right now, and another 45k single player.

It kind of pisses me the fuck off actually. That's exactly the mentality of "I'll happily take it in the ass, and like it too, thank you - I'll suck you off at the end too. I hope you like ass to mouth because I love it!" from PC owners which will bring demise to well-made ports...

I'm sure after seeing this a lot of companies will be questioning whether it's worth the extra development time to port well. "Infinity Ward released shit and it still sold well, so why should we bother?"

Borderlands is also halfway there. I'm actually very happy with it even as it is, but it could've been far better.

Honestly i think that it was coded in before the whole idea of IWnet. Like IW started off doing the dedicated servers because either thats what they expected it would be like or thats all they knew at the time.

To me this is more of Activisions Bobby Kotick trying to find ways to get more money out of the pc side so IWnet was added in as a last minute thing.

After looking at this code though i dont really blame IW as much as Activision now. They probably had their fingers in this more than we know.

And how exactly are they making more money out of it? The old system didn't enable you to play online, so you still had to have a valid key (even if it was from China or Thailand like mine lmfao)...

If anything, this is actually worse, because I've heard that the cracks on this actually enable you to play online, which is epic lulz...

more money in the long run. putting it over steam like this enables them to charge for map packs and ive heard rumors of a monthly fee for iwnet

Bloody hell... what is wrong with this world o_0?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091112/ennew_afp/lifestyleusbritainitinternetvideogamesactivision

I can't believe this is what people want in games:
- overpriced ($10 more than the norm)
- short, albeit very entertaining single player campaign
- subpar multiplayer connectivity (I guess the consolers are used to being penetrated by huge dildos though), although it probably is fun if played on a host with low ping.

I mean, it's not a bad game by any means, but hell - it definitely doesn't deserve to be the biggest first-day release in media history... I'd much rather see GTA there, although that was a somewhat shitty port as well.

I really hope that people become bored of it in two days and repent from their sins by shoving the two DVD's up Activision's collective ass.

id like to see the seperate sales for pc, xbox, and ps3. i know alot of people that bought it for xbox and ps3 and im fine with that because thats their platform of choice. however i know no one that has bought the pc version. out of that 4.7 million copies i can bet that less than 500k were pc

Remember, this IS call of duty. People will buy it regardless. Speaking of which, Bobby Kotick, who I think is to blame for a lot of these stupid decisions, just sold about 20 million dollars worth of stock. He's probably vacationing in Barbados right now.

Well his stock would've been worth even more if he had let IW make dedicated servers like they seemingly intended...

Ha, 20 million is 20 million. Do you really think he gives a damn?

Back