My computer is still in peices

Supra

Well as some of you know I am building a new rig and having some issues with it. My room looks like what rennos tweaker bunker would like like filled with every computer part known to man. I stripped my old rig down and building a new one but its not working yet, having issues with no video during boot. I am RMA'ing the motherboard, Asus III extreme. Six and Balls have one so I have faith that I will get it working sometime next week. Ive been asking here and at overcock and got down to one solution DOA. Once I have it up in running it should be good to go.

The build Im hoping for is
Asus Rampage III extreme
i7 965 extreme
gtx 580
6gb ddr3 ram triple channel
80gb SSD

Ive been asking here and at overcock and got down to one solution DOA. Once I have it up in running it should be good to go.

I don't think anyone wants to know what you do with your spare time over at overcock.com. Haha, all joking aside good luck with the build.

I don't think anyone wants to know what you do with your spare time over at overcock.com. Haha, all joking aside good luck with the build.

Lol overclock my shit biotch! lol
Thanks man, hope so.

Did you power both of the 8pin power connectors? If so I'm not sure that caused you some problems. I would however unhook your SSD, add-on cards, and power up the unit. I have my power in the upper connector. Also, I had similar problem and wasn't getting power to my CPU; I had to fuck around with my 8 pin power connector. I noticed that the R of G fan was not lit along with the board leds in that region. I would also do some testing outside of you case, maybe a ground problem. I've never had to deal with an DOA. The only time I couldn't boot there was a problem with a card or my memory wasn't seated correclty. Another thing you could try is using one stick or Ram & moving it to different slots or try a stick or memory out of your old system. Usually, the Corsiar memory is very friendly with ASUS boards.

Oh & make sure the ROG Connect & Clear CMOS pushbuttons are not pressed in, I ran into that one time.

Shit Supra, that sucks ass. I hope the new MB works out better than this one. My build was a breeze today. I love this MB. Keep us updated.

I have the same board and had the exact same thing happen, no video on boot. Ended up having to boot with 1 stick of ram, go into bios, select memory profile, shut down, install remaining memory, booted with no issues. Asus is pretty picky with ram from what I've read. Good luck with the build :)

Back