Multiple GUID's ?? what are they and how do you get them??

SwissCh33z3

umm as soon as i posted this i realized maybe this should be in the battlefield series part of the forums?? 044 sorry ??

wazzzzzzzzup peeps .. swiss here and i was playing in the =TOG= server this morning and got banned for this?? i have heard about multiple guid's somewhere.. maybe a Z gaming forum thread or something.. all i know is it had to do with peeps being accused of cheating or that were cheating .. cant remember much else about it and i was wondering how would I have multiple guid's?? i have never had the subject come up before.. of course i was spanking the turd out of a few of the clan members .. but also i spawned with the greyed out kit selection so i didnt have anything but the noob loadout.. i just grabbed a gunship and proceeded to dish out some cheeze slices for all.. anyway maybe some of you can shed some light on this??? maybe check it out for me and let me know if its legit and not a bogus cop-out ban?? im curious and trying to post anything on their site is a fiasco.. if any of you have tried .. you know what i mean..

thanks

chris

They have a website? Couldn't find it. However, from what I have learned GUIDs are based on your CD Key and PB hash. They are unique to each user and if you have more than 1-3 you are likely a hacker as they are used to get around bans. Now if you have more than that I don't know how you could but I am sure Soulzz will chime in shortly.

Im not seeing any guids linked to you except the 1. you do have 69 aliases though alot of them are I-HaCkb0t with all kinds of clantags including Aimbot and such. so im assuming thats why they did it but you would have to ask them
Edit: i see about 5 unique aliases and alot of them have mutiple clan tags so thats why its showing 69 aliases. i dont play 2142 that much so ill leave it up to one of them to notice something that i didnt.

[blockquote]They are unique to each user and if you have more than 1-3 you are likely a hacker as they are used to get around bans.[/blockquote]

I've done some research on the GUIDs and here is what I found:

Your guid is loosely based on the cdkey that was used to install the game on your computer. But, sometimes the guid is based on parts of the computer hardware like a user's network card or hard drives. So, you can have multiple guids with a clean player if they upgrade frequently or if they have HD failures.

Yea see, I knew there was some more intel missing. But 69? thats a lot of changing

Yeah, you have to keep in mind a reasonable number and look at how long the player has been active. If they have 69 guids in 6 months or a year there's a pretty damn good chance that's a hacker.

69 aliases only 1 guid i would guess that the ban came because he uses the name i-hackb0t and almost all the clantags have to do with hacking somehow.

He used the i-hackb0t to piss a guy off named i-Rob0t who is a notorious hacker and PID spoofer. And if you check he only has a few soldiers but likes to change his clan tags often hence the 69 aliases. You only have one GUID listed under PB Bans and it's clean. They are obviously confusing your aliases with GUIDs and there is a big difference between the two.

[quote1256229011=Soldier4Real]
He used the i-hackb0t to piss a guy off named i-Rob0t who is a notorious hacker and PID spoofer. And if you check he only has a few soldiers but likes to change his clan tags often hence the 69 aliases. You only have one GUID listed under PB Bans and it's clean. They are obviously confusing your aliases with GUIDs and there is a big difference between the two.
[/quote1256229011]

yea i kinda figured there was a story behind that name. just comes down to them not doing proper research on people and banning without evidence... i hate people that do stuff like that, makes them look bad when they ban the innocent. :( hopefully you get this worked out with them swiss

[quote1256231803=Frit0z]

. just comes down to them not doing proper research on people and banning without evidence...
[/quote1256231803]

nooooo no one would ever do that..... Yea bro I hope you get that resolved.

hey guys thanks for the help and info.. ahhh yessss.. good old i-hackbot .. hehe .. ya i have one more alias which is my "leave me the f@ck alone" player i use when i just want to play in peace.. im sure you guys can see it and thx for not letting it out .. anyway i dont really ever play on that server and i was just more concerned with what they were talking about.. Multiple guid's.. although if its hardware based.. i did have a ati 4870 in my comp for about 2 wks that i was using just to see if i wanted to upgrade from my 9600 gt.. other than that no hardware changes .. but thanks again for the help.. i robot was trying to spoof my name about a month ago... i was up to my usual tricks.. he had made a new acct.. n0-sk1llz.. he was up to 2 star general.. playing under a few diff names but somehow battletracker would show me where he was playing no matter what alias he was using .. so it was time for some fun.. he was sooooo mad at me... he started going into MIA servers and trying to spoof my name... which promptly got me banned when i would go in.. but after a simple ip check it was resolved.. the hacker lives in mexico.. mex ip.. made it easy to sort out that issue.. dont know what happened to him as of late.. he was up to 3 stars.. then one week he was back down to regular brig general and havent seen him since!!! hehehe..

thanks a million..

chris

Back