MSI Afterburner b16 adds/improves prerecording support

HeatSurge

Does any other recording software even have this? I don't really record, but it sounds like quite tehwinr?r feature, ftw.

Basically, it's a rolling buffer of the last N seconds (configurable?) of video cached in RAM, and when you press a key, it "flushes" that buffer to disk.

I.e. you can just play (I'm guessing it still eats CPU to constantly encode to RAM but it doesn't destroy drives) and when something cool/desirable/interesting happens, hit a key and it'll dump it to disk. Kinda like the car dash cameras popular in Russia.

If someone's switching to MSI AB, if you don't want to use the built-in codecs, Lagarith is actually pretty nice from my experiments a while ago. Lagarith Lossless Video Codec

Also, how to use:

Guru3D.com Forums - View Single Post - MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 15(2013-09-16)

Changelog/DL link:

MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 16(2013-10-25) - Guru3D.com Forums

For those of you who never used MSI Afterburner, it's not for only MSI or only Nvidia cards - it runs on just about everything, its development is just sponsored by MSI, so that's why the name.

Fraps has done this forever to answer your question.

Confirmed that it actually doesn't temp to disk? It would be a first for any software that I have ever tested.

I haven't confirmed that it does it to ram, because I don't even install the rivatuner stat. server, but... that's what it says it does :) .

"o Prerecord to RAM. This mode suits best for prerecording short videos (e.g. a couple minutes of H.264 video) and it
provides a bit better performance than prerecord to file. Also, unlike prerecord to file, prerecord to RAM minimizes
writes so it can increase the lifetime of SSD if you plan to use the prerecording frequently"

Back