Mount and Blade

boondokk

BANNED
BANNED
If you liked the Total War series and you liked the Elder Scrolls Series, then download this game's demo. Mount and Blade is a medieval war game where you start as a no-name character with a user selected past. You fight bandits and the like while building alliances, enemies, and an army with upgradeable units. The difference with this game and Elder Scrolls is that there is no magic and levels only increase your skills, not health. Your main character can die just as easily as everyone else without armor and tactics. That, and you can hire an army and NPC companions to fight with you and the companions level up as well. This is a FUN game! The graphics aren't like Crysis quality, neither are they Oblivion's for that matter, but the gameplay is GREAT! There is always something to do, someone to conquer, a quest to complete.

If you like this game, then buy it! Don't try to steal it from some torrent or something. You can purchase it off of Valve's Steam (I did). Download the demo and try it for yourself!

Boondokk rates this game a 85 out of possible 100. The only game to get 100 from Boondokk is Baldur's Gate 2.

http://www.taleworlds.com/

Its really cool I highly suggest giving a shot if you like old school mid evil games

I checked it out a while back. Kinda rough around the edges, but overall cool concept and execution. Might buy it when it becomes $10...

Kind of reminds me of an ooooold game I played called "defender of the crown." It was 360k to fit on a 5.25'' floppy :-D.

Kinda has a "heroes of might and magic" vibe too... but cool real-time 3d combat instead of turn-based.

Back