Metro Clarity

sagala33

I was just wanting to seek clarity on the rules for the server **24/7 METRO NO RESTRICTION | TBGclan.com | 1000 TIX | NO LAG.

I've been playing on your sever for about a month now and really enjoy the server/players that play there. Now today I was playing and it became a campfest so I decided to do like I have been doing for the past month, which is to mav campers. Well I started to do that and then CrackyMcSlapnuts informed that I should stop mav killing. Now I thought pfffft and continued because the server is no restrictions. Well shortly after he @killed me.

Long story short I looked up the server rules here and saw nothing about mav killing. He then told me to stop because I was being an "asshat" but it wasnt like I was griefing him or others. Needless to say in the end I was kicked by Silent1_1974 for arguing but I was really looking for a good explanation for the @kill.

I would like some clarity on this "asshat" provision, it is very vague. Whats next @kill for m320 camping? EOD bots? SMAWs? M67 spam?
And can I kill people with MAVs?

To end I would like to say I meant no disrespect to any of the server admins, if I offended any, but I tried to be civil in my questioning, but maybe I wasnt as civil as I thought I was being. And if I was in the wrong I apologize to CrackyMcSlapnuts and Silent1_1974 for being and asshat.

Thank you :)

Thanks you for your post in an adult manner. A head admin will pull the log's and look into this. Give it some time to gather info.

I would like some clarity on this "asshat" provision, it is very vague. Whats next @kill for m320 camping? EOD bots? SMAWs? M67 spam?

We do not restrict weapons as per the EA ToS. So on all of those no that would not happen. As far as the Mav that is a discussion I am not up to date on and will leave that to my colleagues who still play the game. It in itself is not by design an anti personnel weapon. Its effectiveness as such in BF3 varies by patch but I do know people use it. The ToS does allow for restricting things that are not by design. A previous case would be the mortar indoors before it was patched. Mav's are kinda grey and really up to the communities hosting the server. I believe its tolerated here to a certain extent but personally there is a certain point of play the damn game.

As far as the decisions of the admins at hand if you feel there is something wrong there we will take a look at it. As i said not really in the BF3 loop.

Thanks for the post and the manner in which you posted. We'll look into this.

I believe its tolerated here to a certain extent but personally there is a certain point of play the damn game.

But who are you to tell me how to play a game? I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful and I understand other communities cater to different play styles, but whats the point of playing a game if I cant play it in a manner that pleases me? Do I really need to conform to all the other metro players who M67 or M320 spam? Its like telling a sniper he is not allowed to snipe.

Anyways thank you for your feed back. You did shine some light on the subject for me so thanks :)

I understand you said your out of the loop for BF3 but it feels like false advertizing when the server says no restrictions and then they limit your options for killing other players(minus broken ish like the mortar indoors).

The MAV was not intended to be used to kill. It is for surveillance and in that role it helps your team. I don't like the nade spam and 320 spam either but that is what happens. At least those guys are up doing something. To sit there and fly a MAV with the sole purpose of hitting someone is just stupid and annoying. Especially when your team is capped back into the main. If half the guys would put down the sniper rifles, pick up some smoke, and grow some balls (not worry about their KDR), Metro would be a back and forth battle. As it is, people lay back with their bipods, nade spam and are content with losing as long as the have a good KDR. So as far as I'm concerned, I agree with Cracky and would do the same thing. You don't have to change your gaming style at all. You just want be doing the crap when we are in game. There are plenty of other servers you can test out. The choice is yours. Be assured that you are not the only one that has been kicked for MAV. The only reason I kicked you was that you continued to argue after Cracky told you what he killed you for.

Here's the deal bud, like I told you in game. If you are pushed back into you're spawn and the best effort you can put forth to get free is to mav kill from the spawn, you sir, are as useless as tits on a bull to the rest of your team.

Here's the deal bud, like I told you in game. If you are pushed back into you're spawn and the best effort you can put forth to get free is to mav kill from the spawn, you sir, are as useless as tits on a bull to the rest of your team.

I think you are mistaken, I was on the team that was pushing your team back both rounds that you killed me. To be honest it seemed like you guys were abusing your admin when @killing me, because my MAV work was effective. Anyways I understand what your saying but disagree with you. The MAV is very useful in the fact that you can kill the spammers and campers. Also spot the way for squads that are pushing. But I'm sure that you only notice me killing.

We are currently in the process of developing clear guidance on the use of MAV's in our Metro server. The issue has not come up for a while and we are discussing what will be in the best interest of our server and in line with the EA TOS. We should have something firm next Wednesday. In the meantime I would ask you to refrain from using the MAV as a weapon to prevent further complications. Check back with us next Wednesday night or Thursday and we will have this sorted. Thank you for bringing this up with us.

I think you are mistaken, I was on the team that was pushing your team back both rounds that you killed me. To be honest it seemed like you guys were abusing your admin when @killing me, because my MAV work was effective. Anyways I understand what your saying but disagree with you. The MAV is very useful in the fact that you can kill the spammers and campers. Also spot the way for squads that are pushing. But I'm sure that you only notice me killing.

Pushing our team back?!?! You were camped out in the RU spawn like boyscouts in a thunderstorm! "I'm too worried about my k/d ratio"! And newsflash cupcake, having 19 out of 32 of the players sniping/maving from the base does nothing, nothing to further you getting out and capping something.

TBG as a whole has decided that maving as a weapon will be allowed, but rest assured those of you that do it are nothing but little score-whores.

Sagala - There are times when we will be on the opposite team from clan mates, or even switch to the losing side. If we are spawn trapped, we try to push, whether it is under the cover of smoke or a concerted attack against a specific point in order to break through. Does it always work? No. Does it make some of us have more deaths than kills that round? Yes.

We also have some members (and regulars) who are very adept at getting around choke points. They will then have people in their squad spawn on them (we will often suicide to do so) and others will join the squad and unjoin in order to set up a second front. It isn't always successful, but it makes for close and lively games. Some players would rather sit back and take it, which is never a recipe for a win. I am not judging for the use of the MAV, I have not seen it as a useful tool to turn the tide of a game.

EA patched the mav to make it more difficult to get a lot of kills with it. Why? Because it is not designed to be a weapon. It is supposed to play the role as a mobile tugs and it can be a huge asset to a team.. but in extreme moderation. Personally if i start seeing enemy mavs... i pull a javeline out... and watch for deployment then lock and fire.

Pushing our team back?!?! You were camped out in the RU spawn like boyscouts in a thunderstorm! "I'm too worried about my k/d ratio"! And newsflash cupcake, having 19 out of 32 of the players sniping/maving from the base does nothing, nothing to further you getting out and capping something.

TBG as a whole has decided that maving as a weapon will be allowed, but rest assured those of you that do it are nothing but little score-whores.

Cracky here is a link to the first game you @killed me.

Battle Report - Battlelog / Battlefield 3

Here is a link to the second game where I was @killed and then kicked.

Battle Report - Battlelog / Battlefield 3

To help you refresh your memory.

I have not played on the TBG server since the events. This is to prevent myself from breaking any rules with my mav use till this has been resolved. So thank you admins for the clarity and the work you put into solving this question. :)

@MacN8r
To be honest the mav works better when pushing the really tough choke points like when US is pushing up to B or out to A. I have found it to be useful when on RU and you are stuck at the spawn or when pushing down from B. But this is just my opinion.

@Iguanidon
I thought it was patched because it was way too effective as a weapon. As I recall a MAV was pretty much indestructible and was extremely broken. Now when you us the mav if your not doing it right you can kill anyone lol. Javs are easy to trick. Its better to just shoot them down with a gun.

I will step in a clarifly the MAV; although it might suck having these fools on your team & playing against fools that don't know how to use a weapon; but, it would be a violation of TOS. We cannot limit the use of any item in the game; it would be similar as not using any weapon or attachment. Play on and have a good day.

There are NO restrictions on MAV use in TBG servers. We discussed this today and this is our official policy on the use of MAV's.

Back