Looking for a gunship tutorial

Derroth

Hi guys,

I've been playing occasionally on your servers under the name derroth. I play mainly as assault, but right now am interested in learning to fly the gunship well. Have any of your good pilots written tutorials on more advanced maneuvers used for dogfighting, tactics for spotting enemy gunship, controls, etc.. I have a decent amount of basic gunship experience, but want advice/explanations of some things I see in fast's and falcon's youtube videos and can't reproduce myself (inverted turning, gunship control through loops, things of such nature).

If no tutorial, maybe a thread you can point me to discussing gunship tips.

Thanks.

Just my 2 cents, I fly with a joystick....although I think K/M is better as I have heard you can turn sharper making GS more agile. Obviously I'm not the best GS pilot out there, but I have given a few a run for their money. Honestly the more you fly the better you are going to get. Little tricks like inverted turning or escaping a dogfight quickly are just a few tricks ya can learn by experimenting with your flight controls. I can tell ya that "practicing" in -lTBGl- is a lot more difficult than any other servers I have played on as they have some of the best pilots in the game. This may sound stupid, but it works. Try a few times in single player mode. CTFalcons post is a informative one so read up on that and practice practice practice.....even practice a little in single player.

I have developed and run an in depth flight training program for the community. Its only open to members of the community, however if you are interested I could modify the program if you would still like to learn, as I would not want someone seeking knowledge to get turned away by those who keep it.

The best way to learn is to fly against Falcon, Fast, soulzz, and dirty-lex. Yes, they all will kick your ass but you'll learn how to fly too. I've learned so much flying with and against them. I'm no way in their league but I'm getting better.

Thanks for all the responses. I've read through the thread falcon pointed me too and picked up some tips I'm going to practice.

I'd be psyched to join your flight school, so if you can accommodate me, let me know. In fact I don't learn much from either getting owned hard by very good pilots, nor from killing beginners; which are the two most common situations I encounter in pub servers.

Oh, and I use mouse/keyboard combo with sensitivity switching when TV'ing (which is the only way I found to hit anything).

Its nice to see your interest Derroth but i would think that this type of training would be limited to TBG members only.

Id love to tell you all my secrets...but then they wouldnt be secrets anymore would they; o

Back