Kicking intolerant people

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotBibiloni

Please consider adding a script to kick people that use homophobic language or use the word "rape" as a derogatory term. Neither are funny and neither should be used in this day and age.

THIS IS NOT THE CARE BEAR CLAN. THIS IS AN ADULT GAMING COMMUNITY. EXPECT ADULT AND MATURE CONVERSATIONS ON TEAMSPEAK AND ON THE FORUMS.

^^an excerpt from a taste of our recruitment info. Hence TBG being 21+.
If it is excessive, make a report here: http://www.tbgclan.com/forums/players-to-watch-out-for.28/

And we will check the logs, or if you provide screenshot(s) of the situation, we will handle it accordingly. This is the interwebs, if people arent being trolls, dont take that shit to heart. it is just a game, close chatbox and go from there. If it racial, our filters will pick it up.

Like I said, if it is blatant disrespect/chat spam/etc.. let us know who, so we can clean up the server.

@NotBibiloni , thank you for your input on updating our chat filter.

There are alternatives to calling it "base rape."
And if homophobic language is considered adult language then so should every other insult. If someone can call me a fag then I should be able to call them whatever I please, whether it be racial or not. I don't want to start a fight; I'm just trying to update you all to 2015, where using that language generally isn't acceptable anymore. Just my opinion, do whatever you please.

I'm just trying to update you all to 2015, where using that language generally isn't acceptable anymore. Just my opinion, do whatever you please.
so racial slurs ARE (considered, but sexist/isms aren;t "PC in 2015"): "...where using that language generally isn't acceptable anymore."

anywho, thanks again for your input. This matter is closed. Make another thread or report people that are being excessively disrespectful or spamming chat with that nonsense.

I'm just saying that if you are going to try to be tolerant then you shouldn't exclude groups. I'm not saying any discriminatory insult is okay to use.

We are aware it is 2015 so thanks for that little bit of information; a snide remark will not get you far around here. I do respect the issues related to sexual and orientation terms, but the reality of administering servers gets in the way of protecting everyone's feelings. The best approach is to turn off chat and just play and let the trolls get themselves banned.

There are alternatives to calling people a noob as well, but if I put it on a kick list then all my servers will be empty. Rape can come up a lot of different ways. But most racial slurs are never necessary. I can walk into a bar and talk about how the Ravens raped the steelers, but I cant say how about them (insert racial slur here). I think we have the balance right.

Ultimately if players find the language allowed on our servers to be too offensive, they are free to find more restrictive feelings oriented servers to play on. We like our servers to be more centered on fun for the players than concern for whether or not they may be offending someone else. Many people in our servers and in our clan are old enough to remember when calling someone a fag had nothing to do with their sexuality, it was a common pejorative friends would toss around with no sinister intent. Racial slurs on the other hand are very rarely used as a friendly jab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back