Kicked within One Minute

PTNL

Please examine the following users on the below incident:
- burnitall
- OWAChaos

I connected to the TBG Killing Floor server around 6:45pm (Central Time) on October 10th. I waited for the final specimen to be killed at the end of round 2 (on Mos Eisley map). I spawned in, purchased a Bullpup, and began searching for ammo. Around the 20-30 second mark of the "in-between time" between rounds 2 and 3, someone shot me with a crossbow. I healed, and shortly thereafter I was kicked for that session.

I immediately suspect either burnitall or OWAChaos for the infraction, as both immediately initiated a kick vote against me. There was one additional player (House Cat), but he/she had just joined and likely didn't have enough for the crossbow and also did not do the kick vote against me.

It's also a jackass move to make when the server had only 4 out of 6 spots filled at that time... not to mention the blatant in-between round friendly-fire damage.

Anyways... keep an eye out on those ass-clowns.

Who are the KF guys? Just trying to learn peoples' names. If you think I should PM someone about this, let me know...

BTW, I just tried connecting again when a new map started (Carnival), and those same two kicked me again at round start while others are still playing.

I've been getting a few complaints about people being banned for the session, which is weird.

The server is set to 40% votes required for kicks, so maybe people are abusing this (when you get votekicked, you're also banned for the session/map). I mean, if it's just two people, you can votekick the other guy and he's gone... I suppose this might be too much power. If this is the case, I think I'll take it up to 50% again (or even higher). I'll see if this continues to be a problem though... I thought it might be helpful, but it might actually be worse...

For now, I've banned the two clowns above, so they won't be coming in anymore. I think OWAChaos is the one responsible, because I see session bans after he joins...

Thanks for the report. Please report if this continues to be a problem (just in the thread here)!

I also just restarted the server, just in case it's a problem with that... hmm.

Thanks for looking into this... I really appreciate the quick turnaround!

Just my $0.02 for the kick percentage... I see it as kind of a mixed bag. I personally like the 40%, as it ends up fixing more problems than causes... well, at least *allowing* certain problems to be fixed without admin intervention. It's just in a case where the number of players is fewer when one-off situations like this can occur. I just don't think anything could be scripted/config'ed for special cases like this.

Back