Just picked up this monitor

Play like a Pro With the Exclusive FPS Mode
Meet your secret winning strategy. The FPS Mode was co-developed with gaming legends to let you tap into the fundamental insights of pro gamers and view the game how a gaming legend would see it. This out-of-the-box preset automatically adjusts your monitor calibrations to provide you with optimal brightness, contrast, sharpness and color tint. Being able to spot your enemies and track their move carefully in every situation put you at an advantage over your opponents.There are two variations to this special mode: the FPS1 mode is designed to configure and optimize the display for Counter-Strike 1.6 and the FPS2 mode for Counter-Strike Source as recommended by BenQ. The perfect combination of form and function provides gamers with the vantage point to always be one step ahead of the game.

"There are two variations to this special mode: the FPS1 mode is designed to configure and optimize the display for Counter-Strike 1.6 and the FPS2 mode for Counter-Strike Source as recommended by BenQ."

Geeze this thing must be out of date there is no FPS3 mode for CS:GO or FPS0 for Wolfenstein 3D.

Haha. Yeah....not to worried about that. ;)

Yeah. That is rather weird. But at least I'll be ready if I decide to go into our CS server. ;)

I have the 24 inch version of this monitor, it's excellent.

Once you go 120Hz you'll never go back! Nice Purchase. Im now gaming at 1680x1050 and I can tell when my fps spikes to 60 hertz for a few seconds, it feels and looks great for while, now imagine being able to get constant 80 plus frames on that monitor you purchased!! What GPU do u have?

While I would love to have a nice 120 or 144hZ 1080p monitor, theres a new game changer headed late December or early January from Dell ,LG and the Korean guys.

210iy36.png

2qktn6e.jpg

The one above is the LG version and another from Dell (Ultrasharp U3415W)will be available soon, both 34-inches with a resolution of 3440 x 1440 and a 21:9 ratio. The monitor next to it in the picture above is a 23 incher for comparison. Current 21:9 monitors are 23" with a wider aspect ratio, so having a 1440p resolution with that nice wide aspect ration will be NICE FOR BF4, OH THAT FOV!!!!

more info: View topic - Leak - Dell U3415W 1440p 21:9 IPS Panel | WSGF

The Dell u3415w could be the first Dell 21:9 monitor with a resolution of 3440x1440? - Tech News and Reviews - Linus Tech Tips

Nice!

Anyone have any advice for calibration/settings when I get it? From what I read it requires quite a bit out of the box tweaking.

I'd rather spend the money (or pay even less) for a shit seiki 4k with a proper port xD ... hopefully will be out soon after they actually release a 4k cable standard, lol?

That or... a simple 3x1080p cheapish setup.

Superwide and superoverpriced. Superstupid IMO. I would've been infinitely more excited by bezelless displays so you can build your own array in any shape you want.

P.S. By the way, if you want to have a good laugh, I'd recommend this: http://www.benq.us/product/monitor/rl2450ht/

Yes, that's right, that's a MLG Approved, Starcraft II - optimized monitor with "RTS Mode." Also, lol at the stance of that fat kid in the middle. He might be making millions of dollars playing that retarded game and might be able to buy my entire life several times over even though he's probably 10+ years younger than me, but seriously... lol at that stance. Just lol. July lol.

Anyway, and I thought the lowest point of the gaming-branded retarded products was when the "fatal1ty" brand came out. Sadly, I think there is still a long way to go.

Once you get the 120hz you'll never go back to a 60hz monitor. Fuck the 4k-what cards can run that at decent rates? You'd need SLI to get anything decent and I'd rather put 2500 towards something more...like a house.

Anyway, enjoy I'm sure you'll love that monitor.

4K-capable single-GPU cards will be out in a couple of years, but hey I can play 4-5 years old games at 60 fps with my new R9 :p .

Yeah, I toyed with the idea of a 1440p monitor but I don't care enough to get one. Going from a 24in to a 27in with 120hz refresh is a big jump for me and should keep me pretty happy.

4K isn't really of any interest to me, nor is 3D, or triple monitor gaming setups.

I've got a 27" 120 hz monitor, and believe me-there is no comparison to your 24". You'll love this thing-good choice!

Monitor came in today. Woohoo! Man, 27in is the way to go. Enjoying it at 120hz on High.
Questions:
1. Is anyone here really good at tweaking settings? I don't fully understand what settings change what.
2. I'm supposed to install the BenQ software w/ drivers...my monitor didn't come with a disc and I can't find them online.
3. Should I/Need I run Vsync? I'm not running it currently and it seems great (haven't measured fps yet).

Thanks!

Vsync is entirely personal preference. I prefer to play with it off, because first tearing doesn't bother me that much, and second, I think updates on "partial" frames can sometimes help you in FPS games - like if a frame updates after starting from the top of the screen before it gets to your crosshair xD ...

As far as settings/drivers I wouldn't really bother with anything at all personally, unless you want to calibrate colors or something. That, or if you play CS 1.6 or Source... apparently (lol!). For the rest of us whose displays are completely unoptimized for CS 1.6/source and FPS games overall, well damn - how fucked are we?!

Back