Is this camping?

Cease_Fire

Imagine Tampa, enemies at silo 2. Titan shields down, your squad is attacking.
You're in the gunship. Head to enemy titan where they are killing your attacking squad
members with the gunship, air transport, etc. You sweep by and knock out the
gunship. Immediately, the second gunship exits the Titan and is trying to kill
you. You manage to kill the second gunship and sweep to silo 2 to try and help
defend it. A tank is on the way from their base to silo 2 and you take him out
too.

Are you kicked for camping?

That is not camping.
You made a pass because that is allowed. No gunship should be completely free to camp friendly or enemy titan - no matter the server rules. Making a pass at the enemy titan with the in tel that they are camping their titan is permitted on TBG servers. Just so happens the second gunship engaged you within seconds and you killed a tank on the way out. Good work IMO

I would consider that some excellent teamwork and close air support. I wih I had you to clean a GS off me the other day.

you are free to camp your OWN titan. that is called defense.

do not camp the enemy titan. that is all.

NO, definitely not camping. Unfortunately the player/admin who witnesses this act only gets part of the story at times and doesn’t see everything. I see 4 individual parts to this story and the part where the other GS exits and you’re already there could be considered camping in their eye’s since it’s potentially the only part they see or know. That’s also inexperienced players who didn’t pay attention to the mini or hear the words spotting you close by and realizing your only there as a temporary relief and have just cause. Many times when the enemy GS is camping its own trying to protect I’ll spawn on my Titan and get the empty one just to kill or run him off temporarily and aid in the overall objective.

You better believe that it depends on your viewpoint. That second gunship that gets killed as soon as it leaves their titan is sure to report a CAMPER!

Yea, its one thing if you killed him and the other GS was trying to take off and you pwnt him before he got going, that falls into the gray area of just unfair play, however if he was attacking you then you had ever right to kill him. Oh by the way everyone I LOVE MY NEW COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!

So what constitutes "get going" for the gunship to leave the titan?

I only get annoyed if someone's not in the field-of-view as far as titan camping (which means above/behind you as you come out). If you did a quick pass on the gunship over the enemy titan, I'd say get out of there ASAP. If you get in a fight (and win obviously), also get out of there. Just don't linger there and you should be fine.

If somebody so happens to be coming out of the titan at the same time, you shouldn't be in an orientation to be looking at the bay anyway... if it's SO lucky that at the end of the gunship fight with the first gunship you end up behind/beside/above the titan AND oriented towards the titan bay AND right then, the second gunship comes out... fuck it, shoot I guess. I give myself 5-10 seconds to get a good shot anyway in most gunship fights (especially on PAC) so if they haven't spotted you they phail anyway lol.

But seriously, there's a risk at being kicked, but personally don't kick people unless I'm pretty sure they are camping intentionally... you can usually tell.

Can get kinda gray, but we should be forgiving imo.

It sounds ok to me, This is what we fall into when there are so many restrictions. War is hell, will always be hell, and we are all there doing our part to try to win the cyber war....I find it worse to have someone who thru a macro can fly and shoot missles.
RJoes

Don't know about the macro issue Ranger Joe, but I know that there are plenty of folks on TBG servers that are good enough to solo and TV my ass whether I;m on the ground or in a transport.

I've explained this so much it hurts. A macro would not be effective to solo seat because it would always use a predetermined time. Meaning that a person would have to be at a set height (or higher) for this to work. When soloing you have constantly change the time you are in the 2nd seat to guide the missile to the target (the more distant the target the longer in the seat you would need). Therefore a macro would be pretty useless unless you were always at the same height. Don't confuse someone's else skill because you can't do it.

maybe an aimbot would do this but like "The Real Deal" said ...not a macro

solo tv = mouse 4, mouse 2, mouse 1 (guide as needed), mouse 3.

that is, switch to gunner seat, switch to TV, fire, switch back to pilot.

im not sure how a macro can help when it comes to the guiding step.

For me it's F2, right click, left click, guide the missile, F1, while holding W the whole time.

Back