Iron Man 2

Supra

Besides Dark Night, this is the most I have ever anticipated a movie. It basically has the same effect that Batman Begins had. Left you wanting a lot more, I think we are all going to be pretty surprised with this one. I dont think it will beat Dark Night as all time opening weekend seeing as that movie had the "Heath Ledger aftershock effect" however its gonna be huge I think.

I see two cons though, one, the did not bring back Terrance Howard, to me that was a huge mistake, he plays the perfect War Machine, and has the right look. I dunno, I could be blow away why Don Cheadle. He was really good in Hotel Rawanda and Traitor, but I just dont see him as War Machine/Col. Rhodes. As for Ccarlett Johansson and Gwyneth Paltrow im all bug eyed to see them in action, I love my ladies.

The last con I see is Micky Rourke, the last good movie he was in was Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man, one of my favorite movies btw. So him as the bad guy could go either way for me. Ever since the Wresler he is on a role again.

I cannot wait for this movie though, its gonna be sick.

Here it is in HD without youtube commercials
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6Olpjl_IrE

The Dark Knight was weird for me. I went and saw it, and honestly didn't like it. Thought it was meh.

Went and saw it a 2nd time and came out thinking "hm, it's actually quite alright I suppose."

Went and saw it a 3rd time(!!!) and was like "omgz this is amazing."

Only movie I've EVER seen more than once. Kind of weird too because different groups of friends went and invited me. I saw it when it came out on bluray again, and would see it again with friends. It's surprisingly grown on me big time.

The Dark Knight was weird for me. I went and saw it, and honestly didn't like it. Thought it was meh.

Went and saw it a 2nd time and came out thinking "hm, it's actually quite alright I suppose."

Went and saw it a 3rd time(!!!) and was like "omgz this is amazing."

Only movie I've EVER seen more than once. Kind of weird too because different groups of friends went and invited me. I saw it when it came out on bluray again, and would see it again with friends. It's surprisingly grown on me big time.

You and me both man, I have watched it 4 times, and it gets better and better for me as well. The first time I watched it I was like you, I didn't fully take it in. Mainly because its the last great ledger performance, so I really hone in to his acting in the movie, its simply amazing and one of the best performances if not the best sinister role of any bad guy in history, bar none.

I think Iron Man 2 will be a good movie and I think Don Cheadle and Mickey Rourke will both do a fine job of with it. The problem I have with the movie is the shameless cross promotion. It's like a fucking dirty cum stained used whore of a movie. Commercials for Burger King, Audi, and Reeses' Cups as well as I'm sure 50 others that I haven't noticed. Forcing something down my throat doesn't make me want to see it more in fact it probably makes me dislike it even more.

Btw the Dark Knight sucked, well the acting anyway, and Christian Bale is probably the worst actor ever. No Academy Awards in his future.

Btw the Dark Knight sucked, well the acting anyway, and Christian Bale is probably the worst actor ever. No Academy Awards in his future.

I agree with the no Oscards, but his acting is the emotionless roles, you dont win for those, look at all his movies, they put him in roles were he is just supposed to to be ruthless. I dont see how you hated Dark Knight though.

I hate anything that is over hyped. The Dark Knight was hailed as the second coming of Christ and Heath Ledger as the Joker...meh. They were acting like Heath Ledger's nut would cure cancer based on that role. It wasn't a horrible movie but I've seen it twice and that's more than enough for the rest of my life.

I don't know - personally it's one of the few movies which I feel completely lives up to the hype. I loved just about everything about it.

I thought Heath Ledger's performance was stunning, and I've seen a few of his other movies since (including early ones such as "Two Hands" I think it was) and they've all been really, really good, including his performances.

Now, if there was ever an overhyped movie, take fucking Avatar. I mean, it's not a bad movie at all, and the character animation is a-mazing, but the script and direction of the movie itself reminds me of an average B movie.

The whole "Avatar" phenomenon reminds me of Call of Duty 6. Basically, I scratch my head and shrug...

I still haven't seen Avatar. I think I'm like one of two people in the entire world who hasn't.

I am looking forward to Iron Man2 should be a great show. As long as they don't replace the lead 2 characters it will be great. Robert Downey and Gweneth Paltrow make that movie.
I did really like Dark Knight (not night) i thought it lived up to the hype.

I loved the first Iron Man. I'll probably see Iron Man 2 eventually as well.

I still haven't seen Avatar. I think I'm like one of two people in the entire world who hasn't.

I just saw it yesterday b/c of the Bluray release. I don't regret not seeing it in a theater and stereoscopic.

All I can say about it is: Forgettable.

I was thinking about how sad it is that if all that money and rendering time were put to a better use, it could've resulted in something much more epic.

I don't know - personally it's one of the few movies which I feel completely lives up to the hype. I loved just about everything about it.

I thought Heath Ledger's performance was stunning, and I've seen a few of his other movies since (including early ones such as "Two Hands" I think it was) and they've all been really, really good, including his performances.

Now, if there was ever an overhyped movie, take fucking Avatar. I mean, it's not a bad movie at all, and the character animation is a-mazing, but the script and direction of the movie itself reminds me of an average B movie.

The whole "Avatar" phenomenon reminds me of Call of Duty 6. Basically, I scratch my head and shrug...

Heath Ledger will reign supreme mabey forever as the best villian after Dark Knight, to bad it probably killed him, to become that role. At least that's what I think.

Yes we both think the same about this. The story in Avatar was shit. Cameron over did the visuals to make up for the lack of story. If he could of reporduced the story like he did in Titanic, the movie would never be beat, but he let it slide. This could have been the Star Wars of our generation, but failed miserably. Avatar is forgettable. Plus the 3-D made my eyes really hurt. I don't know who else this might of effected. I'm sure Im not the only one. 10 years from now, are we gonna remember Avatar or Dark Knight, for me at least it will be (DK).

Actually, that thought passed through my head too.

With the fucking JIZZLOAD of money that they probably spent on hiring (probably) every modeller/texturer/particle/lightning/smoke/motion capture/whatever the fuck artist in the United States, they should've been able to produce a movie which defines a generation (like Star Wars).

If you want to see a well-done animated movie, see Appleseed imo (and Appleseed: Ex Machina, but Appleseed I enjoyed a bit more if I remember correctly).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401233/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1043842/

It doesn't have individually modelled leaves which move turbulently under carefully shadered engine wash in a fluorescent jungle, but I'd say the animation is pretty fucking good all things considered - and I'm not sure about this but I don't think it's motion-captured either. It could be though.

I would love to see what a Japanese director could do with an Avatar-sized budget (except Final Fantasy which really, really sucked).

Actually, that thought passed through my head too.

With the fucking JIZZLOAD of money that they probably spent on hiring (probably) every modeller/texturer/particle/lightning/smoke/motion capture/whatever the fuck artist in the United States, they should've been able to produce a movie which defines a generation (like Star Wars).

If you want to see a well-done animated movie, see Appleseed imo (and Appleseed: Ex Machina, but Appleseed I enjoyed a bit more if I remember correctly).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401233/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1043842/

It doesn't have individually modelled leaves which move turbulently under carefully shadered engine wash in a fluorescent jungle, but I'd say the animation is pretty fucking good all things considered - and I'm not sure about this but I don't think it's motion-captured either. It could be though.

I would love to see what a Japanese director could do with an Avatar-sized budget (except Final Fantasy which really, really sucked).

Did you like FFIIV Advent Children?

Haven't seen it... I'll check it out.

Do man, dl it in 1080p blu ray if that's ur thing, that is the only way to watch it, and they add 20 minutes of extra story to the movie that is much needed from the original dvd release.

Back