I'm looking for some parts

CorkyD

Hey guys, I am looking for some cheaper parts for a budget gamer for my pal. I already have a CPU and cooler, but I am looking for these parts. Holler at me if you got some of it laying around.

I need:

Intel socket 775 motherboard (basic OC options would be nice, but not required)
2gb of DDR2 ram (667 or better)
video card ( something at least decent for games)

Let me know if you have any of this stuff and how much you want for it. (will be shipped to 49506)

Thanks fellas!!!!

I have 2 gigs ddr2 1066 Corsair xms2 (cmx2x1024-8500c5 2.10v ver2.1 w/ timings 5-5-5-15). I know you said you have a cooler, but I also have a Zalman CNPS9500 AT that worked quite well on my core 2 duo. I was planning on putting them on ebay this weekend but. . . .

PM me about price if you are interested as I have no idea what they are going for right now and I will not be able to look them up until tonight. Of course I am game for a site discount

I forgot: I also have a nice p180b case -- super quiet and good cooling for a 775. I only replaced it because my gtx260s and an i7 OC'ed were heating the thing up a little too much for my liking.

Better yet, what price range is he looking to spend? For buying a VC, older mobo, and DDR2 you may be able to get something better for just a little more with all the deals out there on the internet. Upgrade to more modern tech.

Better yet, what price range is he looking to spend? For buying a VC, older mobo, and DDR2 you may be able to get something better for just a little more with all the deals out there on the internet. Upgrade to more modern tech.

Not likely he will have the "little more" it takes to get new stuff. People in Michigan are poor these days. May have to go refurb with the motherboard though. Not many used 775 boards on the cheap these days.

Basically, we have about $30 to work with for each part, or about $90 total. The cheaper the better though.

I know for what we have to spend we won't get much, but a core 2 duo and DDR-2 is literally going to be 5 times faster than the socket A athlon he has now.

Lol socket A. Man that shit's old... like 7 years or so.

Might wanna visit thrift stores, although I kinda doubt you'll find much. $30 isn't much for sure.

Try ebay too.

I will have 2 gigs of gskill ddr2 800 once I get my OCZ shit back from a RMA. I have a Bfg 7600 gt oc. That card is crap though. It runs 2142 only on low for me. I'd sell it all for $40 + shipping.

I had a 7900 GT back in the day and it ruled. There was an easy voltmod for it which made it run faster. It was awesome for its day :) ... that was like 5 years ago though.

I will have 2 gigs of gskill ddr2 800 once I get my OCZ shit back from a RMA. I have a Bfg 7600 gt oc. That card is crap though. It runs 2142 only on low for me. I'd sell it all for $40 + shipping.

I would be interested in the ram for sure.

Might have a line on a motherboard. Not sure yet. If you got an el-cheapo laying around give me a shout.

Thanks gentlemen. Final bump before I have this closed.

30 bucks? Good fucking luck...
Says the guy with the BMW in his sig... :p

Back