I just bought a new monitor

OfftheRails

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-XL2420T-Widescreen-Multimedia-1920x1080/dp/B005XZBMTU/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1338487404&sr=1-1

The backdated payments from my benefits appeal came through today, so I treated myself. Delivery should be Saturday, and then I'll be able to see again. My current monitor (Samsing Syncmaster) is playing up - I think there's a blown capacitor inside - so the image flickers horribly and has a contrast ratio of about 1:1. Going to splash out on 3DVision gear when I start playing Skyrim again so all in all, a happy day for the Englishman.

Should still grab an iron and fix that Samsung for other purposes. They use cheap caps, usually in the power supply 10v caps on a 12v line.

I was going to have a poke around inside, see what I can see. It's 16:10; I had an idea to convert it to 10:16 (through a sort of hammer and nails process) and use it for word processing and so on.

I was going to have a poke around inside, see what I can see. It's 16:10; I had an idea to convert it to 10:16 (through a sort of hammer and nails process) and use it for word processing and so on.

Its not a 23 inch 1680x1050 like the T2330HD is it?

Ahh nice. I used to run off a 23 inch 1680x1050

Picture:
DSC_5774.jpg

That's a sick keyboard you have there my friend.

Thank you, I still run it but it needs replacing. Domes are going bad after 5 years. I also beat the legs off it one day in a fit of rage. Its the old Ideazon ZMerc which is still available as the Steel Series Merc. They have new model with usb hub, audio ports, and backlighting but at that price you mind as well step up to a Mechanical.

My new desk looked a bit like this when I got it:
IkeaDesk.jpg

But now it looks more like..... lmao:
DSC_1713-1.jpg

I too moved on to a 24 inch LED backlit. Very enjoyable, but I still kick myself for not getting the 27 inch.

@off the rails
If you are not going too fix the synchmaster let me know i could use another monitor and it should be the same repair as my other synchmaster 204b.
@Rain
we have the same keyboard.

Here's what I'm up against:

2012-06-01 05.12.12.jpg

CBA to move the desk in front of the TV. But the new monitor is less than 36 hours away and I can live with books for the time being.

Rayzor: I'll be careful when I'm trying to fix it - if I don't get anywhere it's all yours. But I imagine the cost of shipping it across the pond will be prohibitive.

200px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png

Rain did your wireless router come with that bridge between the to antennas? Never seen that before.

Rain did your wireless router come with that bridge between the to antennas? Never seen that before.

Thats my old WRT54G and its an antenna kit. It used to be in service to provide property wide wifi at my mothers house. My current router is the white one.

My previous router, no no it didnt come with the fan in the middle, Not to mention the 4 Amp power adapter from an lcd monitor or the hard drive I stuffed inside it.
RTN16Zalman.jpg

I don't spend money on gaming keyboards yet I'm using the K120 Logitech for 10 euros it's pretty durable and cheap :D

Thank you, I still run it but it needs replacing. Domes are going bad after 5 years. I also beat the legs off it one day in a fit of rage. Its the old Ideazon ZMerc which is still available as the Steel Series Merc. They have new model with usb hub, audio ports, and backlighting but at that price you mind as well step up to a Mechanical.

My new desk looked a bit like this when I got it:
IkeaDesk.jpg

But now it looks more like..... lmao:
DSC_1713-1.jpg

I too moved on to a 24 inch LED backlit. Very enjoyable, but I still kick myself for not getting the 27 inch.

LOLOL HOLY SHIT BRO!! LOL

Back