I bought another Q300L. Plus a $10 "Broken" Motherboard.

RainMotorsports

Leadership
Leadership
So the day after I bought my Q300L i saw a listing for one that was $20 so I bought it. After that I saw a listing for a B250M motherboard that was listed as having a bad ram slot. Hint, it's fine.

So for $30 I could build our room mate something to game on. Using the POS PSU that was about to go to our son. My old GTX 770 and an i5-6600 we got for free I built this:
_DSC0590.jpg

_DSC0585.jpg

_DSC0583.jpg

see this is real gaming right here....what can you slap together and get a system working....is it going to slay shit at 240hz no but it will still game....only thing i would add to it is a 500gb plus harddrive...that 128 will go fast...

only thing i would add to it is a 500gb plus harddrive...that 128 will go fast...
There is a 500GB HDD. Lol. Look at the 2 SATA power connectors on the drive stack. The only reason I put them in the 3.5 bracket is this case used only had one set of grommets and 0 screws. So I left them stacked on rails.

oh i see the double stack on the bracket now....been doing this as of late myself...i have tons of laptop drive laying around and they make for free storage...need to find brackets like that...i always have to under sling the second drive in the brackets i do have using the bottom mount on the drive itself

Back