Howdy from the south!

colonelk0rn

Thought I'd get the cursory introduction out of the way, and give a little history about myself. Name is Mark, and I'm married with 2 kids (11 & 17). I've been gaming off and on for about 20+ years, and really enjoy the camaraderie of organized groups. I'm a team player, and sometimes there's too many chiefs and not enough indians to get anything done; therefore I don't mind being an indian.

Prior Navy, served as an Avionics Technician on the F-14 aboard the USS Kitty Hawk. Enjoyed my time, glad I served, but wouldn't do it again.

Other interests I have are woodworking and amateur radio. I've been licensed a little over a year, and I've talked to 250+ countries from my home, all 7 continents and enjoy conversations with my local hams. It's quite a fun hobby, and I didn't realize how competitive some people can be within the group. I used to think that it was a hobby for old men who sat in their basements pounding out morse code, although I'm sure there's operators who do that. Personally, I've found that there's a group of highly skilled and intelligent people (both men and women) who are involved in the hobby. If you might be interested in finding out more, and how easy it is to get into the hobby, drop me a line.

A fond memory I have of the BF series was setting up a LAN party at my friend's house right after the game came out(almost 13 years ago), and we started a server. I'm 99% certain the map was Operation Market Garden, and we decided to change the gravity settings. We laughed for hours at the insane jumps we made over the river with some of the jeeps, and how far we could launch tanks, and C4 detonation launches. Good times.

I played vanilla WoW, and was a class leader in a rather large guild on a PvP server (Magtheridon)and stopped after about 3 years and moved onto EVE Online. In EvE, I soon found myself in several roles in the corporation management for another year and a half. We had a corporate theft that was an inside job that I was the first to discover, and the dynamics of the situation really took a mental toll on me, and I decided that I was going to call it quits on MMO's for a while. Life caught up to me, and soon after I found myself back in the daily grind of working for a living.

Even though I was "working for the man", I found a few people that gave me sound financial advice while I was on my own, and made some solid investments. Doing so enabled me to retire in 2011, so now I get to spend my time at home with the wife and kids, doing the dad thing.

This is what I know of Eve:

2335016192_6003c39c4c_z.jpg

I think you're the first Navy guy here. Quite a few active and retired military in our clan, mostly Army and Marines (with a couple of us ChairForce guys) and at least one member I know of that has some extensive dealings with amateur radio (his dad, anyway). All of us have a pretty decent background in the BF series. Anyway, welcome.

I spat out my Cheesy Gordita Crunch when I saw that picture. It's the truth! I remember when they released the Titans and someone referred to one of them as a "flying dildo" in front of the panel of programmers.

Great intro! Welcome to our little piece of heaven. Re-apply 1 FEB if you aim to bed down here; we openly welcome our brothers in arms.

Back