Help installing Windows 11

Knoxtane

Admin
Admin
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone could help me install Windows 11? I tried and Microsoft PC Health Check says I need to enable secure boot. So, I do and then save & exit bios and now that secure boot is enabled I can't boot into windows, as off my Motherboard doesn't detect I have storage devices. does this mean my original Windows 10 install mean it was installed incorrectly?

I'm fine completely re-installing Windows 10 on my drive with secure boot enabled to "upgrade" to Windows 11.

I figured it out. I had installed my OG windows 10 into an "incorrect" partition if I wanted to upgrade to Windows 11. so I just formatted and installed W10, then upgraded.

I figured it out. I had installed my OG windows 10 into an "incorrect" partition if I wanted to upgrade to Windows 11. so I just formatted and installed W10, then upgraded.
If you had to install windows 10 again why not just skip that and install windows 11. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11

You don't have to upgrade from 10 to get 11. But that was preferable before having to reinstall of course. My child you did need help didn't you lol

tried 11 3 times, tested it through windows insider program, went back to 10, 11 hates my killer ethernet controlers, could;nt watch anything in hd.

11 is still having problems with its driver pool.....wonder if that is why they are not forcing it on computers right now....my asus tuff 570 mother did not like 11 and i even got the plug in decoder chip for it so the CPU does not have extra over head....IF you had the option i would have installed 11 on a second drive and kept the 10 install intact

oh shit....just saw the fact you are running the same CPU with the 3700X and almost the same GPU with a 1070ti (i have a stock 1070) its a good set up but we need new GPU's......

I upgrade to 11 from 10 since day one release and have had no issues at all.

windows 11 is a game killer.

I upgraded to W11 on one of our computers when it came out and it was terrible but only because they gimped the context menus. I found something to fix that and it's been fine. I get catering to the touch screen freaks but if there is no digitizer in the device and it has a mouse and keyboard attached it seems like it would not be hard to use the old context menus.

Every Windows version that comes out someone says don't touch it. I've had no issues with Win11, but as usual wait a month or so so bugs are sorted
windows 10 is stable and constantly updated still. no reason to upgrade.

I run windows 11 with no problems. I had to modify it to make it how I liked it, but no problems running any games.

man this thread just gets necro'd and necro'd...

You made an account just to post that?

20160702152544-2dece1cf.jpg

Back