HD7990 or GTX780

badaaang

Hi guys,
I started looking at new GPU.......
and I'm not really familiar with that, so advice are welcome.

AMD 7990 or 7970 and NVIDIA 770 or 780
So 7990 vs 780 (650-800 CDN$)
Or 7970 vs 770 (400-500 CDN$) 770 bit +expensive...
So there is two choices....
1) NVIDIA or AMD
AND
2) 400 vs 700$ for a GPU.....
I'm not sure the extra $ are worth at this point for the game we are playing...

CPU;2600K@3.9 MEM:24G

Thanks,

that cpu is looking a bit down but i might be spoiled...

they say amd is best for bf4, but let's face it, nvidia has much better controls over it's shit, i right now want a 780 myself.

Coming from an AMD fan, I would go for the 780 and save the money or if you got the cash, go for two 770s and SLi them. AMD finally started working in the micro stuttering issues but it's still in beta. And this is coming from someone running the last gen 6990 series. AMD is getting a more level playing field, but the drivers are still their biggest weak point IHMO.

Until drivers are fixed go nvidia. 5xxx series was the last radeon series without major driver issues.... they need to re hire their old design team

I was asking the same thing - 780 vs 7990. Microstutter, thinking about having to deal with AMD drivers again, huge power hog, heat issues...Thinking of aiming my sights back at the 780.

I've got the 780 Hydro Copper, never gets above 37C gaming in Texas where it's 27C in my office. Usually it's running 35C which is nice.

Personally, EVGA all the way I cannot count how many; but, cannot complain about the service. All my issues self inflected and they didn't bat an eye about a replacement; I'm on my 3rd GTX690; both went up in smoke. Want to be the best play with the best.

Wait for the new AMD series to pop up, they are being announced in like two weeks. I've been looking at snatching a 780 but am going to wait till they drop the new AMD cards.

780, but wait until September 23rd when AMD is revealing their Hawaii cards which are supposed to actually compete with the 780/Titan, i.e. they'll actually go on sale sometimes (I'll believe it when I see it).

No competition for 6 months makes me a bit sad though. Hopefully it doesn't keep happening, or we'll be continuing to see overpriced voltage-limited shit from nvidia over and over.

Back