Global Agenda - anyone trying this???

Arturo_Fuente

Is anyone getting this? I don't really know anything about it. my nephew says its awesome and the reviews, etc are good, but all that doesn't mean shit. It's tempting.

I heard a bit about it, but it doesn't sound that interesting.

I have it, and I find it amazing. It's as said, an amazing mixture of a FPS, Strategy, and an MMO. If you are into all those games, and like futuristic games, this is for you. I can explain some basics of it to give you an idea:
You can create a character in 4 classes: Assault, Recon, Medic, or Robotics. Refer here for descriptions of the classes.
You start off in a Dome City when you log in. And from there, you can get into a matchmaking area called a queue to get into a team based Base Capture, or a wide selection of other game modes.

Visit here for the main website to get a lot more information about the game.

Gah, never playing another MMO again. Definitely not for me ;).

Isn't this some online pay-per-month MMO / RPG about some kind of cheesy world domination cartoony thing?

- I don't play pay-per month
- I don't like MMO / RPG's
- I don't like the theme of this game

So I'd say no...

What I would really like to know is about the shooter part. Is this game mode part seperate or can it be? Are the weapons and upgrades any good? (Borderlands Sucks!) Could be cool if it has some kind of standalone arena type map. Dedicated servers?

Actually, I absolutely loved Borderlands and still do.

I'm going to replay it and the new DLC I bought over the xmas sale when I build my new PC today or tomorrow ;-)

What I would really like to know is about the shooter part. Is this game mode part seperate or can it be?
It sort of is seperate. It's not like when you log in you just click "Quick Match" or you join from a server browser. When you log in, you are placed into a "Dome City". There are about 50 to even out the large number of players. Each city has about 100 players in it at a time. Within the city, there are shops to upgrade your characters armor, stats, and other upgrades. It also has the area for match making to join into servers consisting of various game modes.

Are the weapons and upgrades any good? (Borderlands Sucks!) Could be cool if it has some kind of standalone arena type map.
Every few levels a new weapon is unlocked. The upgrades, as mentioned above, decide how powerful the weapon is on top of the default stats of the weapon, which are already fairly high. There is a "training area" which is always running to just screw around in and get better at the game (No XP is earned). As for a stand alone arena map.. no. It is strictly a match making game. However, it is not like your standard FPS.

Dedicated servers?
No. Servers are supplied by Hi-Rez (Developers and Publishers of game.)

Back