Getting a new case soon, what do you think?

sixer9682

I'm torn between the Haf X and the Xigmatek Elysium.

I love the Haf X but the Xigmatk is larger inside, has more room for water cooling, has 2.5" drive bays, but the aesthetics aren't as nice as the Haf X. What do you think of these two?

I've got watercooling now with a 360 radiator cooling both the cpu and gpu and it's a tight fit in my Haf 932 so I want something with more room for the water cooling components. As it is now, I lose 1 5" bay to the radiator up top and 2 more for the resevoir/pump. So I need something with more 5" slots. Cable management is mandatory, I'm not getting a case that isn't set up for it.

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel/ Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Newegg.com - Xigmatek Elysium Black CCC-HSA0DS-U01 All Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Super Tower Computer Case

I have a Cooler Master ATCS 840 which I bought back in the day, and it's been awesome. Check that out too...

Yeah, I saw that too, but I really like the large side fan which is why I chose those two. I really like the Enermax Fulmo but at over $200 I'm not getting it.

haf x is better case. I have built about 10 computers in the haf line cases. I have yet to be disappointed except for they can have some sharp edges on the inside.

I think Clutchizzle has that Xigmatek or one very much like it. Hooray for cable extensions lol. Depends on the PSU and either case is the same deal. My cables i think are 2 feet to the first connector yet I would still need an extension for the cpu power.

The HAF looks like my HAF 932. At least the front is the same. Just looking at specs I'd go with the HAF. Not crazy about the lighted fans in either, but are easily replaceable. if you want to show off more of the inside the other case is better.

I've always been a fan of cooler master, x-stacked I hunk is my all time favorite case. I'm thinking about fabricating a case.

Go with the CoolMaster HAF. I have one and its a great case.

Well, I went ahead and ordered the Xigmatek. I'll pick this big bastard up at Microcenter tomorrow. I also got some compression fittings to make life easier with the water cooling. I'll post some pics when I get it all set up in the new case.

4005_10_xigmatek_elysium_super_tower_exclusive_review.jpg

elisium2.jpg

Compression fittings are expensive as hell o_0. I have "pressure clamp" ones and they've held for 2+ years just fine already :) .

Xigmatek Elysium Black. Bigger is better.

Compression fittings are expensive as hell o_0. I have "pressure clamp" ones and they've held for 2+ years just fine already :) .

Nah, I got the swiftech compression ones for $7.00 a piece. Besides, I got a $250 rewards card from my Visa card so why the fuck not?

The clamp ones were less than a dollar each if I remember correctly ^.^ . Compression ones are badass though.

Got the case today, waiting on other parts so I'll add more pics as I get it together. For now, so you can see how big this thing is I've added a few pics.

Elysium side view:
8049353169_fbc47c55e1_h.jpg

Side by side comparison with HAF 932:
8049357260_9758751943_h.jpg

Kitty approved! Good thing it has dust filters on the fans:

8049359312_73fe1dcffd_h.jpg

8049351255_d796090d80_h.jpg

LMAO full of cat hair all ready. I did not know you all ready had the HAF case. That Xigmatech is much bigger. Hope your cables are long enough.

sixer, post more pics of your cat and tell me the species! :D

It's a pixie bob. This one's a long hair which is kind of rare for them, most are short haired. She's like half dog-she plays fetch with her toys, growls when the doorbell rings, and loves to chase tennis and
raquetballs. She's 11 months old right now and they're supposed to grow for 3 years so she'll get bigger. Here's a couple or more pics of her.

7660529456_9b8d5b3c1c_h.jpg

7660530062_2945e7bd1d_h.jpg

7660527958_df4145d26f_h.jpg

The Xig looks nice but you shouldn't hide the catnip stash in there.

Back