Gaming mouse

Lucky for me. I have Fry's about a mile from me. Every time I go in 3 hours go by and it feels like I was there for just for 20 min.
One time I broke a race wheel they had set up :) Even told the guy "See what happens when you set up junk" and walk away.

FRYS.com

I run that one, bought it because it was the same shape as my Logitech MX Revolution.

As silver said you can go wired or wireless with it. It does 1000hz over both. Uses a single AA which if running wired will charge in the mouse but you can always swap it quickly if wireless. Comes with the battery so no worries there. Battery life sucks a bit, 3 days if you leave it on 24/7 1000hz and power set to gaming. They should have run 2 AA's it would go a week that or LiIon which would last a month at best.

Would somebody mind posting a wired version of the G700? Looks interesting, but I personally can't use wireless

Would somebody mind posting a wired version of the G700? Looks interesting, but I personally can't use wireless

It is the wired version :p Bet you if I cut your mouse cord in half during a wait to respawn you wouldn't even notice as long as I taped what was left of the cord down. The delay in wireless on this is nanoseconds in difference and at 1000hz polling you wont be able to prove the difference without a lab and an electrical engineer. You bet the feel of having the wire attached is a very different experience though.

DSC_9386.jpg

DSC_9387.jpg

DSC_9389.jpg

I have had mine for well over a year now. No regrets but I can understand why people would make other choices.
I paid retail on mine but Newegg used to have this for 75, mind as well pick something permanently wired at that price. The G9x looks too small to me though.

The mouse I used to use next to the G700.

On the plus side if the cord ever gets damaged you can use any Micro USB cord but they lack that molded fit.

I wasn't crazy about the wireless part of the G700 at first, but after a short time using it (1-2 days for me) I prefer wireless more. I originally got it back when it first came out to get a few extra buttons (Macros for WoW), and I haven't regretted it at all. I agree with RainMotorsports though, I wish it had another battery or used a LiIon. Even with that you still get 3 days of life from it at full settings, which is pretty decent. Another plus is the data cable is USB/Mini USB? Most smart phones use the same connection so you can charge your phone when your mouse isn't charging. One thing I will say that a lot of people complained about the G700 was that the Data cable was a bit thick. I found at first that it was a little but after use, the wire becomes more flexible or you just get use to it.

All in all, I bought this when it was $99. Still worth every penny in my opinion. Like I said though if you can find a MX518, I would go with that for sure. They should go for about $30 and last a life time (I've had my MX518-Red for about 8 - 9 years and it's been though hell but still works like the day I got it). Only problem is Logitech no longer makes them so finding one around what I quoted might take a little while, worth it if you find it.

Back