Fucked 12 ways to Sunday....

SgtKokuei

So I go to take my GF home and my cars dashlights and controls dont work (so i cant see my spedo, revs...ect ect), my environmental system and controls dont work, my radio controls on the back of my steering wheel dont work, and my headlights may or may not work...they cant decide...

Tried a power cycle, tested all fuses, nothing helped... It is probably some major electrical problem that the dealer will have to take care of. And they are normally booked for weeks, so I doubt I will be able to even get my car in, let alone be able to afford any work that may need to be done, then I have a trip comming up next friday where I am supposed to be up in Canada and now I dunno if I will have a car to be able to GET up there.... and I have no money to rent a car....

I have no idea what I am going to do with any of this and it is making me fall to pieces....I dont know how active I am going to be in the comming days and I will hopfully be gone next weekend. But I wanted to let you guys know you probably wont be seeing me for a little bit...

Also if you hear about some 25yr old who spontaneously combusts in Western NY. It was just me having a meltdown, no need to be alarmed.

Sorry to hear that man. Sounds insanely frustrating. Perhaps tomorrow everything will sort itself out.

Check your battery connections. Check fuses with a test light( fuses under hood and in cabin).
Check for power and ground at ignition relays.

When I first read this:

So I go to take my GF home and my cars dashlights and controls dont work (so i cant see my spedo, revs...ect ect), my environmental system and controls dont work, my radio controls on the back of my steering wheel dont work, and my headlights may or may not work...they cant decide...

Tried a power cycle, tested all fuses, nothing helped... It

I thought this:

url44.jpg

Western NY?? where are you and where are you going bro?

Check your battery connections. Check fuses with a test light( fuses under hood and in cabin).
Check for power and ground at ignition relays.
check, tested, checked
When I first read this:

I thought this:

url44.jpg

Western NY?? where are you and where are you going bro?
I live about 30 min from buffalo. And im going to Toronto for a Anime and Gaming Convention

What kind of car?
2002 Mini Cooper

Well pm me if you still need some help I can give you my Alldata info so you can look up wiring diagrams

Is it the original battery in your car? That happened to one of my cars last summer, a new battery was all it needed.

It's not a question of just reading 12 volts on a meter, it's all about the cranking amps it provides to make everything go.

Good luck though.

Well pm me if you still need some help I can give you my Alldata info so you can look up wiring diagrams
I just left it at the dealer. I know the head of the service dept

Is it the original battery in your car? That happened to one of my cars last summer, a new battery was all it needed.

It's not a question of just reading 12 volts on a meter, it's all about the cranking amps it provides to make everything go.

Good luck though.
no its got a newer battery. I did get a battery test done though just to see

I'm sorry, Kookoo. =(

A couple weeks ago when I was leaving work my car seemed to hesitate when starting then sounded like it was chugging. I turned the car off, started up again and sounded fine. 20 seconds later my check engine light comes on, then my Stabilitrak, then traction control lights. Info center showed Stability control needs service, traction control disabled, etc and THEN "ENGINE POWER REDUCED". I got OnStar on the line, they did a diagnostic and gave me some error codes but said it would be fine to drive home and recommended service within 7 days. Got out on the road, car seemed a little sluggish. Get on a 50MPH zone then the Engine Power Reducded error comes up and I go from 50MPH to 20MPH. Pulled over, shut her down, checked for leaks, smells, anything I could see visually wrong - nothing. OnStar now returns a single error code saying Electronic Propulsion System and requires service within 1 day.

After all this I brought it to the dealer the next day. The issue? A faulty battery. ~.~ Replaced battery and not a single issue since.

AutoZone, O'Reilly's, Advanced Auto Parts, etc should all test your battery for free.

Check wires along the firewall, Had 1 car rubbing caused a short and another mice chewed a few wires causing mass damage to the electrical.

I'm from Orchard Park. Over in Rochester right now. Goin to RIT.

Ok Car is NOT fixed...... Just went out for food and it freaked out again.....Back to the dealer tommorrow at 8AM.

*cries* I hate life so much.....

Back